123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netflix comes to Plex
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

betty wrote:

When opening a clip on Hulu using a standard web browser, one usually can choose between standard and high definition. However, I don't see that option when Plex opens it, and have a feeling it is standard def. Does anyone know how to toggle this?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can tap into your Hulu account with Plex to have the 480p videos play by default. I think you can with Boxee though.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh-a-Knot wrote:

I don't know if you've tried this or not yet, but..

Temporarily move the Plex Application and the ~>Library>Application Support>Plex and Plex MediaServer folders to some place safe,
then try downloading and installing a fresh version of Plex, and install NetFlix again. See if that works. Sometimes a setting can get F'd up in the App support folder, and won't change. If it does, you can then trade out your userdata folder to get back your Library. If not, just trash the new app and folders and put the originals back.

Thanks Aargh, that did the trick. I wasn't able to locate ~>Library>Application Support>Plex or Plex MediaServer folders. But I did trash and reinstall the Plex app. Once I did that all was well.
Thanks again!!!
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaMini wrote:
Aargh-a-Knot wrote:

I don't know if you've tried this or not yet, but..

Temporarily move the Plex Application and the ~>Library>Application Support>Plex and Plex MediaServer folders to some place safe,
then try downloading and installing a fresh version of Plex, and install NetFlix again. See if that works. Sometimes a setting can get F'd up in the App support folder, and won't change. If it does, you can then trade out your userdata folder to get back your Library. If not, just trash the new app and folders and put the originals back.

Thanks Aargh, that did the trick. I wasn't able to locate ~>Library>Application Support>Plex or Plex MediaServer folders. But I did trash and reinstall the Plex app. Once I did that all was well.
Thanks again!!!

Awesome, glad it worked for you! Just for future reference, "~" refers to your user folder.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert76 wrote:
betty wrote:

When opening a clip on Hulu using a standard web browser, one usually can choose between standard and high definition. However, I don't see that option when Plex opens it, and have a feeling it is standard def. Does anyone know how to toggle this?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can tap into your Hulu account with Plex to have the 480p videos play by default. I think you can with Boxee though.

If you sign in to Hulu in Safari and set your user settings to 480p, it will be enabled in Plex afterward.
Albert76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh-a-Knot wrote:
If you sign in to Hulu in Safari and set your user settings to 480p, it will be enabled in Plex afterward.

I have been signed in with 480p set as the default. Does Safari need to be left open in the background? I tried it that way once or twice, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm pretty sure it was still paying the 360p stream. I'll have to check it out again.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert76 wrote:
Aargh-a-Knot wrote:

I have been signed in with 480p set as the default. Does Safari need to be left open in the background? I tried it that way once or twice, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm pretty sure it was still paying the 360p stream. I'll have to check it out again.

Nope, you do not need to keep Safari running. I would try signing out and then back in and reset your prefs. Then restart Plex and check it out again.
Wolfbin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the South Park app and eating Fishsticks. It doesn't get any better. Razz

All kidding aside, the quality of the new South Park stuff looks great. The Netlfix, Hulu, Rev3 apps are also looking great. Plex is just a fantastic app for watching this stuff on the big screen. I don't even bother with Front Row or Boxee anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: