123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iogear Intros Printer Switch for Macs and PCs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Iogear Intros Printer Switch for Macs and PCs Reply with quote

Iogear Intros Printer Switch for Macs and PCs
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Iogear today announced the release of their 2-Port USB 2.0 Printer Auto Sharing Switch. According to the company, it's the only automatic printer switch on the market compatible with Macs and PCs. The device comes with two USB cables that users hook up to their computers. Once connected to a USB printer, the switch automatically recognizes which machine a print job is coming from, allowing users to print anytime without hassle. The switch does not require an external power source and has LED indicators to show which computer has USB access. The 2-Port USB 2.0 Printer Auto Sharing Switch from Iogear has a suggested retail price of $39.95.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1171.html
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather had it connected to my router! So any computer can connect wirelessly!
UMJonny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh ya, better off just having it installed on one computer, then sharing it.

I guess some people may have a use for this though...
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AEBS printer sharing with Bonjour is like owning a Porsche. There is no substitute. Wink
crack mini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: How about sharing a printer between Mac and Time Capsule? Reply with quote

I have my all-in-one printer connected to my Time Capsule, so any time I want to scan I have to yank the USB cable out and plug it into my Mac Mini -- all 3 are next to each other.

Maybe I can use this thing to keep scanning ability on my Mac Mini without taking the printer off my wireless network. That would be handy!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a clever gadget. It's a pity that the printers that we've all been buying for the last 10 years weren't fitted with Ethernet ports. Although, the printer manufacturers wouldn't have sold so many units if they had have been... Smile
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe I can use this thing to keep scanning ability on my Mac Mini without taking the printer off my wireless network. That would be handy!

I'm not sure if that will work, but I don't blame you for trying. I hate messing around with cables. Mad

JohnnyBoy wrote:
That's a clever gadget. It's a pity that the printers that we've all been buying for the last 10 years weren't fitted with Ethernet ports. Although, the printer manufacturers wouldn't have sold so many units if they had have been... Smile

They seem to be on the wireless bandwagon now. That's not such a bad thing either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: