123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review: Apple's Mac Mini offers versatility, better graphics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Review: Apple's Mac Mini offers versatility, better graphics Reply with quote

Review: Apple's Mac Mini offers versatility, better graphics
Approved by: Charles
Category: Mac mini

Computerworld - "In short, the new Mini packs a moderate processing punch, much-improved graphic response, runs quiet as a mouse, offers plenty of ports for peripherals and still makes sense economically -- as long as you're judicious about which model you buy and which options you spring for. Just make sure you get 2GB of RAM if you're buying the $599 model, and if you need more room to grow, cough up the necessary money for the $799 version. Given Apple's decision to make high-definition movies available via iTunes, that's the model I'd get if I were buying from scratch."

Read more...

* We are in the process of changing the "More News" forum, so this topic might seem out of place.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a fair review, although for some reason, the reviewer discounts options involving do-it-yourself upgrading.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you're intimidated about upgrading, I don't buy the part about coughing up the money for the $799 model. The rest of the review seems fair. I'm really enjoying mine at this point.
iLife's a Bitch!
microfox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some posters here seem to think that opening up a Mac mini can be done by anyone. I beg to differ.

I have opened up countless PC's (in my 15 years spent in the Dark World) and installed video cards, NIC's, hard drives, modems and what not but while I sincerely envy everyone who can do it, I, for one, can not afford to take that risk on such an expensive piece of equipment.

I'm also certain that only a very small number of Mac mini buyers risk opening it up.

2.0GHz Core2Duo Mac mini, 2 Gb RAM,120Gb HD + 1Tb LaCie external HD, Hauppauge PVR 950 USB TV Tuner stick, running 10.8.2

iPad 3rd generation, 32Gb

IPod Touch 4th generation 32Gb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: