123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cracked my iPhone screen for the second time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: I cracked my iPhone screen for the second time... Reply with quote

The first time I cracked it was entirely my fault, a humorous incident involving a lot of alcohol and me sledging down a hill in a washing up bowl whilst on holiday skiing. The iPhone was in my pocket and it wasn't in a case, game over. The second time was last week I was at work and while I pulled the iPhone out of its case I dropped it screen first onto the floor resulting in this;

I didn't want to stump up the £130 Apple/O2 wanted to charge me to fix it the first time so I found some one online to do it which cost £73 in total and it looks like I'm gonna have to go that route again.
This whole iPhone business is turning out to be very expensive. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to know has any one else damaged there iPhone and how much did it cost you to fix?
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks and seems absolutely ridiculous. I wonder if this is the case with most smart-phones. It should at least be able to survive a 5 foot drop multiple times.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! I've dropped mine a couple times in the house, but never out on the concrete. That's a shame trustory. Perhaps you should be using a better case and skin combo. What are you using now?
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Ouch! I've dropped mine a couple times in the house, but never out on the concrete. That's a shame trustory. Perhaps you should be using a better case and skin combo. What are you using now?

At the moment I'm just using this;
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanholster
Is there any case you can recommend devo? I'll most likely be picking up something with better protection when I get the money to fix the screen.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
imola.zhp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has been cracked for almost a year now, it still works just fine. The "protective" screen cover I put on it is holding all the pieces of glass in place and allows me to "touch" without any issues.

Why fix it at all? If anything, it was liberating for me. I'm no longer afraid to drop it, it happens...

My 8gb EDGE will be 2 years old in September, so I'll probably get a 3G then. Well, if there is nothing with a larger hard-drive on the horizon. I was hoping for a 32gb 3G around last x-mass, no dice.

I haven't decided if I will do an insurance claim or sign a new contract. Probably contract. Save that claim for when I loose it or accidentally submerse it in water. Contracts don't scare me, I've been a SWBell->Cingular->ATT customer for 11 years...

Current
32g iPhone4; 13" MBP 2.4/4g Ram/250g hd; 1TB TC; 2 ATV2's; Airport Express

Previous
8g iPhone Edge; 32g iPhone 3gS
8g iPod Nano (2nd); 16g iPod Nano (6th)
Mini 2.0/4g Ram/120g hd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: