123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about a couple of games for the mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
promethius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Question about a couple of games for the mac mini Reply with quote

As some of you know from earlier posts that I am about to switch over to the mac mini after suffering long and I mean long years with Microsoft. I remember struggling with MsDos .9 or something like that.

I admit I do play games but only certain types. I prefer games without a concrete story line. Something open ended and something that doesn't take up all my time. (Former Eve player)

I know the mini is not a gaming machine and this will not be it's primary purpose but would like to know a little about a couple of games. Now knowing that the mini will eventually ship with 1.5 processor and 64meg vram and faster hard disk.

So I have a few questions about certain games

1: Homeworld 2 -- How does this game play?

2: X2 The Threat -- How does this play and can this be played without a joystick or is a gamepad good for this. If the gamepad is good can anybody recommend one.

3: I am looking for a Totalwar game. Can this be played.

4: I am not interested in online (pay for games monthly sub) but haven't tried any of the other type genre such as the warcraft series. so Im not sure as to what other types of games would satisfy me.

So in essence I like open ended games and games that do not repeat themselves.

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....
SuperDrive
Microsoft Trackball Explorer
Apple Keyboard
Belkin usb/fw hub
Lacie 80gig drive
Isight Camera
Brother Dcp-310CN printer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: