123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Updates Mac mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparkstack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtfolden wrote:
Sparkstack wrote:
If by artificial you mean, "buy more memory". It say's quite clearly at the bottom of the tech specs page that the amount of video ram is dictated by the amount of actual ram. I'm sure you would all be delighted if the 1Gb model took 256Mb away as soon as you booted up.. Rolling Eyes

NO. It does NOT "quite clearly" state that at all. It *may* mean that but they may be stating "1GB configuration" in the same way they would state that OS X requires a "Mac with FireWire" to install.

Macrob wrote:
Two users comments: they have purchased the cheaper model - after upgrading the ram the VRAM updates from 128 to 256.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=661197

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9097463

Would you like a rag to wipe that egg off your face?
saul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something else that is new but not sure how useful it is.

When you select a startup disk (with the option key) it shows wireless networks. I take it you can boot from the network now just like the Air?
matseel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Apple store availability Reply with quote

With great anticipation, I went to my apple store, Albuquerque, NM to purchase my new mini. I was told they would not have them for another couple weeks. Suggested I order off the internet. So much for customer service. Sad
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple store availability Reply with quote

matseel wrote:
With great anticipation, I went to my apple store, Albuquerque, NM to purchase my new mini. I was told they would not have them for another couple weeks. Suggested I order off the internet. So much for customer service. Sad

That doesn't sound like poor customer service. After all you went there with anticipation, not expectations. Perhaps you should have called your Apple store prior to going there.

The rep simply suggested a faster method of getting a mini if you wanted it sooner. Personally I think good customer service includes suggesting alternatives, should they be unable to fulfill your needs.

Perhaps it was the reps attitude that sucked.

Oh well, enjoy the mini when you finally get it Smile
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just placed an order. I was able to sell my original CD mini to someone locally for a decent amount. Now, it's time to order up a 500GB WD and 4GB of RAM. Shopping is so fun at 2 in the morning. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: