123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No high-spec Mac Minis for NZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: No high-spec Mac Minis for NZ Reply with quote

No high-spec Mac Minis for NZ
"While Apple Computer is selling some Mac Minis in the United States with better specifications than listed on the box but for the same price, it looks like New Zealanders won’t see the “upgrade on the sly”.

Apple New Zealand says there has been no official announcement from Cupertino about the updated Mac Minis. Spokeswoman Natalie Brown says Apple NZ isn’t aware of the higher spec units being shipped to New Zealand. As of going to press, Apple’s US website made no mention of the updated Mac Minis and only listed the older hardware specification."

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/rss/89B1D16D0244BCC8CC257096001226F2
JediTimmy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this mean we wont be getting the new minis in nz at all?
or will just be ages b4 we get em? Crying or Very sad
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably get them around the same time as they start filming the Hobbit over there! Wink

I'm sure they will be available worldwide once Apple makes the announcement. I think that article is only talking about the grab bag minis.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: No high-spec Mac Minis for NZ Reply with quote

I bought a second mac mini last week .. 1.4GHz with super drive - and it is actually 1.5GHz with 64mb video ram.

So they have arrived in New Zealand ....
Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey Norman is advertising the 1.42ghz minis as having the 64mb video card but not that they are 1.5ghz.
I would assume that if they have the 64mb video card that they would be the 1.5, im going to get my 1.42 combo drive in the next month or two so will find out then(my first mac).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: