123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video of the new Mac mini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would go to all the trouble to make the fake images out there of products that don't exist?

@troy.w.banther - If it's a prototype, then it won't have a serial or model number.

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Who would go to all the trouble to make the fake images out there of products that don't exist?

He isn't doing it for personal attention or financial gain either. Shouldn't that and a full-blown movie give him more creditability? I know we are all cynics at heart when it comes to Apple rumors, but I'm still leaning towards this one being real.
Taos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all just pixels and data until the thing gets released. I can say this, it is a real video of something that looks like/unlike a mini.

At this rate, by the time they move from prototype to production the specs will have changed.

I do like the theory that economic times call for the mini to take a more centre stage, if Apple haven't thought of this then they should get the new GFC Mini business case written this week. Good theory whoever said that.

Hmmm, we are doomed to an eternity of rumour and conjecture, what Apple have been our sins? Have we not been good fanboys? Have we not delved deeply enough into the mini arts? Are our putty knives not worthy?
- Pioneer VSX-LX50
- Bose AM 10 Series IV, Bose AM5, Bose 101, Bose 151
- G4 Al PB 12", G4 Al PB 17" and MBP 13"
- Airport Express x 2, Airport Extreme
iMifftit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
jrt1 wrote:
Do you guys think Apple could be behind this leak? It seems like a good a way for them to get feedback and build up some hype for the release.

That's an interesting theory. It also gets people waiting around for one. This prevents them from going out and buying something else in the meantime. That's assuming the new Mac minis aren't ready for primetime.

They need more time? Apple has only had like two years to work on the new Mac mini. Come on already! Just release the bloody thing. Can't you see that a lot of us are waiting for the update? We don't want anything do with the other glossy crap ya got. Laughing
RJS1948

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Mac mini definitely looks like more bang for the buck. That's all I've been waiting for to purchase one. I also think it's smart to add an extra USB port to the Mac mini, even though most people seem to be getting carried away with the idea. Add that on top of Firewire 800 and support for dual displays and my faith will be restored in Apple. A machine like this represents more value than anything else in their product line. Now, when's the Apple netbook coming again? Rolling Eyes
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it could be the real deal, I hope it is. But until I know I'm going to continue to have a job, I'm not buying anything I don't need.
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
RJS1948

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaMini wrote:
Looks like it could be the real deal, I hope it is. But until I know I'm going to continue to have a job, I'm not buying anything I don't need.

That's not a bad idea in this economy. It seems like everyday you read about more job cuts. That being said, I need a new Mac really bad. It will also be my first Intel-based Mac. I'm still running Tiger on an old eMac and it's painfully slow.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this video is accurate and the updated mini sells for the cost of the present one, I would find it hard to resist buying one even though my present mini suits my needs. My daughter is using my original G4 mini; I could always give her my C2D mini and sell the G4.
Spindledk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks real to me and it might be a prototybe, since I was hoping for the "new" apple look. But I do want one when it's ready! Smile
saul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJames wrote:
First Apple pulls the 20" Cinema display and now this videos shows up. My gut tells me that a Mac mini and Cinema update are coming really soon. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I plan on buying the pair. Perhaps even two of the displays if the Mac mini can support them.

If the 20" display is pulled then how are the Apple stores going to demo the mini? The mini doesn't work with the new LED displays and won't drive the old 30" since it doesn't have a dual-link DVI. That means that they either have to pull the mini or upgrade it soon. I don't see them putting a Dell monitor or plasma TV in the store just for the mini. Or am I missing something?
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saul wrote:
If the 20" display is pulled then how are the Apple stores going to demo the mini? The mini doesn't work with the new LED displays and won't drive the old 30" since it doesn't have a dual-link DVI. That means that they either have to pull the mini or upgrade it soon. I don't see them putting a Dell monitor or plasma TV in the store just for the mini. Or am I missing something?

Those are good points you're making Saul.
The vast majority of Macs are not sold through Apple stores, particularly outside the US where the external market represents over 40% of all sales.
Authorised Retailers and other stores are not bound to hook up a Mini to an original Apple monitor.

I am inclined to believe that the Mac Mini, being Apple's entry level computer, is purchased mainly by people who either already own a monitor of some kind, or who opt for much cheaper third party screens. I bought two 19" Acer screens that were together less than half the price of any Apple monitor.

A significant number of private individuals, particularly outside the US, are still using perfectly serviceable CRTs and have not yet switched to flat panels.
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
Huff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great point! So what are they using in the Apple stores now? Is the Mac mini still out on the floor? I don't live close to an Apple store.
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Mini is still on sale in Thailand through authorised retailers, computer booths in shopping malls, and from the online Apple Store Thailand (which is in fact based in nearby Singapore).

Two Thai resellers that I know were already out of stock in late November but they can generally get them, or so they say, within 24 hours of order (probably from Singapore).

I could only locate a 1.83 MHz Mini in Bangkok instead of the 2.0 that I really wanted, so I had to make do with that.

Most Thais cannot, or will not shop online - the use of credit cards is available only to certain privileged levels of society, and buying things at fixed prices is not part of the culture.
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the AppleStores are down now.

New Mac Mini Threads:

We now have no less than FIVE threads on the speculation of the much hoped for MacMini upgrade.
Care to speculate, anyone, which thread will be the most visited when the news finally breaks? Wink

FORUM:
News and reviews:

New Mac Mini Packaging: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22096

Apple Holding Special Events: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22087

Picture of new Mac Mini: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21934

Apple Updates Mac Mini: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22108

FORUM:
Mac Mini:

New Mac Mini Today: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=152504&highlight=#152504
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22109 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: