123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture of New Mac mini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to believe this, but it looks like a Photoshop job to me.
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac daddy wrote:
it could be some kind of "test Mini."

I'll go for that explanation. R&D departments often make dozens of mock-ups before they decide on a release, and any rumour
Quote:
...claims the system will ship with a 2GHz Core 2 Duo with 3MB Level 2 cache, 2GB DDR 3 RAM @ 1066MHz and a ATA Super Drive.
or speculation is a total waste of time.
Neverthless, by using laptop ports, they are solving one major problem on the back plate.
I'm more concerned with performance than looks - I would still like to see a USB port on the front together with a headphone jack. I would be able to dispense with my stupidly purchased and useless Belkin hub.

PS: Is this topic so exciting that we need a new thread started every day on it everywhere else on the board?
_______
What are MacMini users listening to now?
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
ingeniero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: FAKE Reply with quote

My mind tells me there is something wrong in this picture.

The type and number of ports are OK. 5 USB is ok. This is not an iMac, you have to plug few more things especially... the iSight from the future 20inch apple display. Thats an extra USB port than the current Mac Mini. Im expecting a nice apple product photo of a mac mini paired with that 20 inch; displayport and USB plugged.

The 24inch + new mac mini is not an option. Too expensive. Better buy an imac.

But I have something more important to tell:

Are you crazy? Look at the mini displayport and miniDVI connectors. They are not aligned with the rest!! This things are soldered on a circuit board. Not floating! Es otra jodida foto falsa, colegas.

PD: The audio ports are an exception. The are on a smaller PCB wired to the main one. Check ifixit.com

Saludos desde EspaƱa.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ingeniero wrote:
Are you crazy? Look at the mini displayport and miniDVI connectors. They are not aligned with the rest!! This things are soldered on a circuit board. Not floating! Es otra jodida foto falsa, colegas.

This was a fake, but they really should have been lined up along the bottom. The display ports are indeed centered.
iLife's a Bitch!
Fazzy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
ingeniero wrote:

This was a fake, but they really should have been lined up along the bottom. The display ports are indeed centered.

I thought about them not being out of line. But doesn't the Mac mini user different size risers in the back now? I'm not sure how they are actually soldered on the motherboard or if it's one piece. It might be possible. I need to find a picture a good picture of the motherboard.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem to follow Apple's new design. It has FireWire, and I would assume Apple will remove FW, just as they did with the Air and MacBook, or at least not provide FW400, only 800.

I would also assume, like many others, that it would be aluminum, or at least have some aluminum on it (maybe the top?).

Anyways, it it is, than it's a good upgrade to the back ports. I really think Apple is waiting for the Nvidia/Intel issue to settle, since it make sense to used Nvidia graphics over Intel graphics.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
I really think Apple is waiting for the Nvidia/Intel issue to settle, since it make sense to used Nvidia graphics over Intel graphics.

I also think there are some techinal issues with the GeForce 9400M that need worked. That could be another reason for the delay.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
ESUNintel wrote:
I really think Apple is waiting for the Nvidia/Intel issue to settle, since it make sense to used Nvidia graphics over Intel graphics.

I also think there are some techinal issues with the GeForce 9400M that need worked. That could be another reason for the delay.

I could be wrong, but I think most of the trouble centered on going from the Mini DisplayPort to external displays or with the dual-link adapter. You certainly don't want those issues with a headless Mac. That's all you have to use.
iLife's a Bitch!
somefreak90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks real to me, except why would they have two different types of mini DVI ports?
Billistics

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: No HDMI? Reply with quote

I hope this isn't it. I want HDMI output dammit!
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: No HDMI? Reply with quote

Billistics wrote:
I hope this isn't it. I want HDMI output dammit!

If Apple keeps following it's standard; they'll likely use the little dongle to convert it to DVI, and then you would have to buy a DVI-to-HDMI cable.

I would love to see HDMI too, but Apple doesn't seem to like it for some reason. I would really love to see a Blu-ray drive on it as well, but Apple dislikes Blu-ray for some unknown reason (perhaps iTunes and digital-media).
zen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around on the MacRumors forum and saw that this has been confirmed as a fake.
somefreak90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually believe it. There's a Youtube video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au11XdiICkQ
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that "it" exists, but I don't think that "it" is the new Mini - just an elaborate home-made mock-up that's been taped and uploaded.
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Mac Mini Threads:

We now have no less than FIVE threads on the speculation of the much hoped for MacMini upgrade.
Care to speculate, anyone, which thread will be the most visited when the news finally breaks? Wink

FORUM:
News and reviews:

New Mac Mini Packaging: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22096

Apple Holding Special Events: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22087

Picture of new Mac Mini: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21934

Apple Updates Mac Mini: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22108

FORUM:
Mac Mini:

New Mac Mini Today: http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=152504&highlight=#152504
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: