123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture of New Mac mini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
As long as it's not Atom based. I might be in the market for another Mac mini once Snow Leopard starts to ship.

+1

I don't care if it keeps the same basic look. Just don't even think about going with the Atom or Intel graphics again.

trustory wrote:
It just looks a bit too good for what Apple wants the Mini to be.

That's a shame too. Apple could have one little kick ass box here. Instead they only worry about protecting the stupid iMac, which is a system that I could totally care less about. And even more so since they went with the super shiny glass screens. I also think the iMac is seriously overpriced. I wouldn't give you more that $899 for the entry-level model. Heck, I just bought a Dell Studio Hydrid with a 23" display for well under $1000 dollars. It even has a built-in webcam Apple. Can you please justify your pricing? An Intel processor is an Intel processor, memory is memory and hard drives are hard drives. It's time to put the spiel aside. Your hardware really isn't that much better. It's the software that makes you special. That's the end of rant, peace out. Laughing
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on the Photoshop question. But FW800 seems like a strange inclusion for a budget desktop when FW400 has been completely removed from the recent MacBook... Confused
Texark wrote:
That's a shame too. Apple could have one little kick ass box here. Instead they only worry about protecting the stupid iMac, which is a system that I could totally care less about. And even more so since they went with the super shiny glass screens. I also think the iMac is seriously overpriced. I wouldn't give you more that $899 for the entry-level model. Heck, I just bought a Dell Studio Hydrid with a 23" display for well under $1000 dollars. It even has a built-in webcam Apple. Can you please justify your pricing? An Intel processor is an Intel processor, memory is memory and hard drives are hard drives. It's time to put the spiel aside. Your hardware really isn't that much better. It's the software that makes you special. That's the end of rant, peace out.

Yep, I think that I can agree with just about everything here... Cool
Chris..S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Not sure on the Photoshop question. But FW800 seems like a strange inclusion for a budget desktop when FW400 has been completely removed from the recent MacBook... Confused
Texark wrote:
That's a shame too. Apple could have one little kick ass box here. Instead they only worry about protecting the stupid iMac, which is a system that I could totally care less about. And even more so since they went with the super shiny glass screens. I also think the iMac is seriously overpriced. I wouldn't give you more that $899 for the entry-level model. Heck, I just bought a Dell Studio Hydrid with a 23" display for well under $1000 dollars. It even has a built-in webcam Apple. Can you please justify your pricing? An Intel processor is an Intel processor, memory is memory and hard drives are hard drives. It's time to put the spiel aside. Your hardware really isn't that much better. It's the software that makes you special. That's the end of rant, peace out.

Yep, I think that I can agree with just about everything here... Cool

+1. I can't see the mini being upgraded before the iMac get nvidia graphics.
Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquafire wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves.

At best the image is real and shows a real Mac Mini.

THIS is NOT the NEW MAC MINI.

If anything...it's just a minor upgrade.

Something to push the last boxes out the door...

Before the Really NEW Mac Mini comes along.

Aqua

I kindly disagree. If the Mac mini gets the kind of upgrades talked about or shown in this phony picture, it will be a substantial update. An update that also required a major engineering effort from Apple. So it won't be like the last time when they just slipped in another processor in there.

JohnnyBoy wrote:

Apple's excuse was they didn't have the room. It wasn't about money or anything like that. Wink

The white MacBook recently got upgraded and got to keep its firewire 400 port, so that might bode well for the Mac mini on some level. Who really knows though? I think they lines between pro and consumer systems from Apple are totally blurred now anyways. One could also argue that a desktop computer is more deserving of firewire.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mac mini is totally due for an update, but this looks like a fake to me.

Chris..S wrote:
+1. I can't see the mini being upgraded before the iMac get nvidia graphics.

I think they'll probably get upgraded at the same time. The iMac will also get moved to quad-core processors in some models. Probably in the 24" models.
idave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't image that wood grain being on a desk or floor at Apple. Smile
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuma wrote:

I kindly disagree. If the Mac mini gets the kind of upgrades talked about or shown in this phony picture, it will be a substantial update. .

I respect your point, nevertheless, I truly believe that what we have before us IS a minor cosmetic update.

If this was a PC box, an extra USB slot would barely rate a mention, let alone the overly optimistic expression of hope that this represents a Major New Model.

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquafire wrote:
I respect your point, nevertheless, I truly believe that what we have before us IS a minor cosmetic update.

Likewise. That said, I think we're talking about way more than just a USB port. It should have a new processor, motherboard, memory type, interconnect board, Nvidia graphics, Mini DisplayPort, 802.11n, upgraded Bluetooth, FW800 and more. The cosmetic part actually looks about the same. I mean, if you're going by this picture and the rumor mill.
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRoger wrote:
I heard from a friend that Apple would be releasing the new Mac mini towards the middle to end of this month. I'm now hearing that it could slip to the first week of March because of the 17" MacBook Pro delay, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen next week. Apple is really struggling with sales right now, especially on the desktop computer side of things.

http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/channel/mac_sales_growth_falls_below_pcs.html

I don't know, but Apple needs to do something fast. Their desktop line is in a total state of limbo. They don't even make a display that is compatible with the Mac mini anymore. Coming out with a new Mac mini would boost desktop sales and help them sell more of those 24" Cinemas. A new Mac Pro or Mac Midi with Mini DisplayPorts would also give them a shot in the arm. Then you have the iMac in need of an update. To be honest though, I don't really care what happens to the iMac. That's probably another reason why desktop sales are way down. I still believe that most people prefer headless systems and using the display of their choice. Apple doesn't seem to get that point though. I guess they are just too thickheaded.
Bleeker34

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: This picture looks real......just crappy. Reply with quote

This picture looks like the real deal to me. It's just a crappy picture, probably taken in a hurry. Notice how the table is in focus but the back panel is not.

But knowing Apple, there's really no way to know if this is REALLY the new Mac Mini. But I think it's highly likely and quite probable. I'm glad there's a firewire port. Firewire has always been better than USB for data streaming. For those of us who only have FW 400 devices, you can go backwards with this. There are adapters you can get that will make it a 400 port (but no more 800 speed). I personally plan to get a new FW 800 external HD with a FW 400 port in the back for daisy chaining.

As for the different display ports...I don't know. For better compatibility, I guess. Either way I'll still need an adapter to use with my two year old monitor.

This will be my first Mac!! Whoo Hoo!!!

~Bleeker34~
JMB87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray that my patience is rewarded with a new Mac mini with those features. I have literally been waiting since last summer to buy one. I will admit that Windows 7 made me forget a little about switching though. So Apple better wake up and smell the coffee. Things are starting to look a little better in Windows land. They also need to realize that some of us don't have $1200 to spend on a computer these days and would desperately like to become Mac users. I know some of you will say just buy one of the current Mac minis, but that's been a hard value proposition. You also get into that waiting game when it seems like the Mac mini could be updated at anytime. What's a working stiff like myself supposed to do? Sad
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are looking at this closer than the Zapruder film. It's clearly a fake though.

I wouldn't mind having another one though. How about it Apple? Idea
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone

Last edited by blazer on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Juan Ker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant believe this is the new mini, white plastic I dont think so.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan Ker wrote:
cant believe this is the new mini, white plastic I dont think so.

Oh yeah, and make it in black. Cool
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Albert76

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in the fake column.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: