123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech Z4i speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickrick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Logitech Z4i speakers Reply with quote

I am in desperate need for some new speakers because mine really really really suck. Has anyone seen these new speakers from Logitech? I think they look cool and would compliment the Mac mini. But buying speakers is more about how they sound, not how they look. I found one review for them that said they were pretty good for the money. If anybody has some other recommendations let me know. I want to stay under $100 if possible. Whatcha guys think?
cinemafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never cared for Logitech's at all...they always tend to sound harsh and way too colored no matter how much they are. That being said, here's two of my picks that even without a subwoofer will outperform most 'computer speakers':

Altec Lansing MX5020 - great for movies

M-Audio StudioPro 3 - probably the cleanest/most musical sound for this price range

And if you're set on something with a subwoofer, do yourself a favor and get these:

Cambridge Soundworks Multimedia Speaker System

Last edited by cinemafia on Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with cinemafia. Logitech speakers never seem to get good reviews. JBL Creatures IIs are pretty good for the money. I read some good reviews for the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0. You can buy them for around a hundred.
iLife's a Bitch!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I read some good reviews for the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0. You can buy them for around a hundred.

I didn't realize they made those in silver. I thought they were just made in black.
ba747heavy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0.

Those look incredibly hot. Yum.
slickrick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice guys! Does anyone here own the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0s?
Alec

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. Despite noticing all the BB stores having problems (scratchy sound when adjusting volume) with the volume knobs I thought perhaps it was just a common thing to happen to display untis. However after purchase a set, my unit's volume knob eventually started to produce the same scratchy sound whenever you adjusted the volume. After going through two Klipsch units I returned them for the Logitech Z-3i and never looked back. Besides I prefer Logitech's power button, which is located on the remote unit along with the volume knob.
slickrick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
Besides I prefer Logitech's power button, which is located on the remote unit along with the volume knob.

Thanks for the input! I think the Logitech remote with volume control looks cool. I'll have to check out the Logitech Z-3i to see what they look like.
cinemafia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I completely forgot about Klipsch. Yes, they are great buys for the cash. I haven't heard the ProMedia Ultra 2.0 personally, but I know someone who has an older variant of it and it's definitely spot on. It's also going to match your Mini more than the three I suggested.

Oh and I have to say skip the Creatures...they aren't terrible, but given they're about the same price, any of the three I mentioned or the Klipsch's will easily blow them away on perfomance.

Very Happy
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
I had the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. Despite noticing all the BB stores having problems (scratchy sound when adjusting volume) with the volume knobs I thought perhaps it was just a common thing to happen to display untis. However after purchase a set, my unit's volume knob eventually started to produce the same scratchy sound whenever you adjusted the volume. After going through two Klipsch units I returned them for the Logitech Z-3i and never looked back. Besides I prefer Logitech's power button, which is located on the remote unit along with the volume knob.

That's usually something you'd find with $20 speakers from WalMart. It's also a sign that the speaker isn't going to last long. You were smart to bring them back.

cinemafia wrote:
Oh and I have to say skip the Creatures...they aren't terrible, but given they're about the same price, any of the three I mentioned or the Klipsch's will easily blow them away on perfomance.

I still think Creatures sound pretty good for the money, but their looks aren't for everyone. He could do a lot worse. Personally, I'd rather have some Soundsticks.
iLife's a Bitch!
Cozmo85

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promedia ultra 2.0's rock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: