123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shopping at the Apple Store
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping at the Apple Store Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
hackersmovie wrote:
Yup. Same frustration here. Although, it's nice if you pay with a credit card. Nearly any employee with those hand held thingy's can swipe your card and your on your way. Heck, they even email you the receipt so as to keep it "green" of course! It's kinda cool to be able to check out while drooling ON the latest notebooks.... Wink

Ahhhh, trust Hackers to come in and move this thread back on topic!!! Wink Smile Razz

Right JB, maybe there should be a Top Gear thread. I'm waiting for someone to comment on my t-shirt when I'm wearing it. I love that show.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping at the Apple Store Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
Right JB, maybe there should be a Top Gear thread. I'm waiting for someone to comment on my t-shirt when I'm wearing it. I love that show.

I was in Tesco (supermarket) only yesterday, when I discovered that they sell Top Gear cakes, topped with an image of the Stig made of icing. I immediately thought of you and how much you'd appreciate that cake! Smile
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walk into an Apple store, and I become immediately bored, turn around and walk out.

I think it was that 6 inch Firewire cable I asked about one time. I should have remembered that if there isn't a price on something, you can't afford it. Confused

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping at the Apple Store Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:

I was in Tesco (supermarket) only yesterday, when I discovered that they sell Top Gear cakes, topped with an image of the Stig made of icing. I immediately thought of you and how much you'd appreciate that cake! Smile

JB, I would like that cake. That's great. Hope you're all settled in with the move. Moving is a hassle, did it twice in one year, that was the end of it for me.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
I walk into an Apple store, and I become immediately bored, turn around and walk out.

I think it was that 6 inch Firewire cable I asked about one time. I should have remembered that if there isn't a price on something, you can't afford it. Confused

SC

They're usually crowded with lookers here, so it's almost impossible to get help if you need it. I only go there when I know what I want, like when I bought my MacPro, I found a guy in an Apple shirt, pointed to the system, said 'that,' and bought it, there was a cash station at that time.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping at the Apple Store Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
Hope you're all settled in with the move. Moving is a hassle, did it twice in one year, that was the end of it for me.

Thanks Bobaloo, this last move was a biggie - the north-east of England to the south-east, about 360 miles (600km) which is about as far as you can travel in one day in a van.

I'm renting at the moment, so I know that a day will come when I'll be moving house again but from now on, I'm staying in Sussex. No more 360 mile house moves! Rolling Eyes
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping at the Apple Store Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:
Hope you're all settled in with the move. Moving is a hassle, did it twice in one year, that was the end of it for me.

Thanks Bobaloo, this last move was a biggie - the north-east of England to the south-east, about 360 miles (600km) which is about as far as you can travel in one day in a van.

I'm renting at the moment, so I know that a day will come when I'll be moving house again but from now on, I'm staying in Sussex. No more 360 mile house moves! Rolling Eyes

I know what you mean about moving. When I sold my apartment in the city, we put stuff in storage and moved in with my in-laws, while we looked for a house. We were there for about 6 months and then moved into the house. I hate moving. The worst move I ever did though, was moving from one apartment to another upstairs in the same building. You don't hire a van to do that. I pulled my back out moving all my records, it was the '70s. Did the move in a weekend.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing that this last move has taught me, is that I've really got to get rid of a large slice of the crap that I haul from house to house. It can either go on eBay, go to the charity shops or go to the local dump... but some of it has got to go.

I've made a small start with some toy soldiers that I've been hanging onto for some reason. I was just going to throw them into the rubbish bin, then I said to myself "Give 'em to a charity shop, some kid or collector will be pleased to have them", but just out of curiosity I checked eBay to see if there was any kind of trading going on. And there was.

So instead of dumping them or giving them away, I put them on eBay. And what a jolly good job I did!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260356713520 Shocked Cool
lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JonnyBoy

remember to pack them in separate boxes, otherwise they will fight.

Don't let them go for less than £15

Do you need some extra bids ?
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjack wrote:
remember to pack them in separate boxes, otherwise they will fight.

Will do! Smile

lumberjack wrote:
Don't let them go for less than £15

Considering I was flip-flopping between "bin" and "charity shop", I'll be happy with anything! Very Happy

lumberjack wrote:
Do you need some extra bids ?

Thanks for the offer, but I don't want any tricks to backfire. I'm just hoping that the current bidders are genuine and aren't going to mess me about.
lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do all the young assistants in the Apple stores know so much?

Did they not have a childhood, play around with cars and the opposite sex or were they just programmed in Apple. What will they do afterwards....sad

Overall the experience is unusual but worth it just to try out the glass stairs.

Lets hope the stores remain busy in the months to come.
lumberjack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good price JonnyBoy ( £16 )
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjack wrote:
Good price JonnyBoy ( £16 )

You noticed! Very Happy Yes, my eyes popped out of my head when I saw the amount that they had gone for. I think that there's something to be said for hanging onto original packaging... Wink
lumberjack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB

it may also be due to the fact that there are still lots of kids out there ( young and old ).

Any how, well done.

Now you just have the other 50 packing cases to clear!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjack wrote:
Now you just have the other 50 packing cases to clear!

Don't remind me! Sad Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: