123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiger Dashboard loading problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hafamaca

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Tiger Dashboard loading problem Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is an hard drive problem or software/dashboard...or what.

For about a week now, my iBook (running the latest Tiger) has problems loading dashboard. I'll hit the dashboard button for the first time and the whole computer will pretty much freeze for about five minutes, then it'll show all my dashboard items and the computer will work fine. Now I can "re-visit" my dashboard without any problems, but once in a while it'll freeze up for about 5 minutes and then work with no problem. Now, when the computer is in it's frozen state for about 5 mins, I can heard the computer "thinking", but it's a reparative thinking. I'm really not sure how to describe it. It start's with a long sound and then three short sounds. (2 second think sound, 1 sec pause, 1 sec think sound, 1 sec pause, 1 sec think sound, 1 sec pause). It'll repeat that in that order, exactly the same for about 5 mins. Then when its about to unfreeze, it'll do a long "normal thinking sound" for a few sounds and then all is well. From the sounds, it sounds like the hard drive is getting stuck? Is that possible? Or is this just some software problem. I've been wanting to reinstall OS, etc just to freshen up the computer as I have not done since since I bought the computer, but this has me worried, if the hard drive is damaged? I'm afraid it'll get stuck and won't be able to use the computer. I've tried all other programs on the computer, and they all work perfectly, except first loading dashboard and occasionally viewing dashboard after its first load.

Any ideas what's going on?
hafamaca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?! Smile
Wedge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try removing all your user-added dashboard items. Just navigate to your Home folder, the Library, then Widgets. Drag all those widgets to another folder to disable them, and see if Dashboard returns to normal.
hafamaca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, that folder is empty... Question

Did a search for .wdgt, nothing came up.

I defiantly have downloaded widgets
hafamaca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget it, I'm reinstalling the OS. Time to do it anyways
iJingo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, when i click dashboard, i does not apper, instead the dock goes up and widgets appear at the bottom, help.thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
valefortia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
valefortia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
tarizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ra30BePEXVArGeChmpUmFWarXISuDoXXTeOmTeTeZeXVWeRuXXYoPlSPGeJu
CDThPrPiIVWeOlABGuPaFlAlCDXXNiDoCoCDErNiVoXXThSoCaJoRaThDe
FaEJBeAdTLRAPaAnXXPuThPoPaXVPeGeLaRoBoMoDEZeAlSBDoCPZeuoZe
RJDBNeAgZeUGPaBlOSJoJoZeJaRiAuMaSiZeJuAnXXRVXXWiZeNDspPUZe
XXXXNeXXRaTTDVAmCiRoAnNeRuGrWoFBReUrARXXIXSPJaVaHaLiNaPlXI
ToCDWiSaCaReAnMaYaUlANFaWIDrCyDaGoWeXIChHaXVRoXVIIXVAcXXIS
LiDVIBWIXVSiAESISTXXGaMLRoPRIaLPClAnIIXXGuMaXIXVXVMaLiIIWi
ToDoIINeMaBaPRLeJaRoToIIWaAnMiwwPeRC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: