123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lidador

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard? Reply with quote

Hello, I use a Mac Mini as my main computer. It is an Intel core duo, 1.66 GHz with Ram upgraded to 1.25 GB. Operative System Tiger 10.4.11. The system works perfectly and I never had a computer more stable. Problem is that some applications I use daily (like Voodoopad) or others I use occasionally but are important to me (like RapidWeaver) were recently upgraded to Leopard only versions. This computer will be three years old on next spring and I would like to stay with it more one or two years. So I am considering upgrading the system. But now I am wondering what can be the best option of the next three:

a) Keep Tiger until the machine is retired. This way I keep a perfectly working computer, I save some Euros, but I will wait a long time to use more recent versions of some of my favorite software.
b) Upgrade now to Leopard and keep the computer with Leopard until retiring it, or even consider Snow Leopard later. This way I change to another mature system, being Leopard now as stable as Tiger, I guess. This way I may upgrade some applications, and stay more up to date while keeping this computer.
c) Wait for Snow Leopard. I am not sure if Snow Leopard will work in this computer, or if will be as fast and stable here as Tiger, but I can wait for reviews and if, eventually, Snow Leopard is too cool for this machine I may consider to upgrade to its warmer brother (Leopard) when Snow Leopard specifications and reviews are known.

Which of these choices seems to be more adequate at this point?
krassyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by krassyo on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
lidador

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sounds logical. I will do that. Thanks.
lidador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it can still take some time for new mac mini and snow leopard to arrive, I upgraded my mini to 2 Giga Ram, bought Leopard and made a format and install (that after making 2 copies of my files). So, now I am more up to date and I can wait relaxed to more Apple news to come.
wingers99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leopard works very well, nicer than Tiger. Why wait???
lidador

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello wingers99, I have an online friend in Fielderstadt, that is Stuttgart south too.
I waited because I had two more computers at home and one at work with Tiger, also because Tiger never give me any trouble, that's why. And yes, Leopard is perfect too.
wingers99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidador wrote:
Hello wingers99, I have an online friend in Fielderstadt, that is Stuttgart south too.
I waited because I had two more computers at home and one at work with Tiger, also because Tiger never give me any trouble, that's why. And yes, Leopard is perfect too.

Filderstadt, thats where I am , small world, my mini was delivered with Tiger but when Leopard came out I just had to try it and I do not regret the change. Its very refined and it grows on you as you discover more and more.
lidador

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an old school mac user. I used to keep the machines with the original OS. Used my first laptop (PowerBook 160) during seven years with Mac System 7.1 and my blue iMac G3 five years with Mac OS 9.0
Filderstadt looks like a nice place; calm and nicely organized. Now if you know the best chess player in Filderstadt, you probably know my friend.
wingers99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

small small world, but I do not play chess that well,..
I assume Snow Leopard will have more to do with things like Time machine, office stability and online integration/services, and as I am only a home user it will not bring any major changes. lot of features will be made available for older systems at a later date any way.
My first mac was a Macplus with system 6, colour classic, Performa 475, 7100, 7600, G3, Mini, mostly 2nd hand with cast off old systems. Mac Mini is only my 2nd uptodate Mac over the last nearly 20 years.
billb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Snow Leopard Reply with quote

If you haven't bought Leopard yet then wait for Snow Leopard. I recently pre-ordered it from Amazon for $29.00 US. Snow Leopard strips out the code that would make it run on the Power PC platform. It SHOULD be smaller, lighter, faster, and more stable. I think more stable is what your looking for. Also Amazon's pre-order price seems like a great deal. They also offered an iLife with Snow Leopard Package for less than what Snow Leopard will sell for when its released.
MacBook AIR 11 Inch
Mac mini 2012 w/2 External SATA HD's
valefortia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
valefortia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
tarizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr26BeBeTiSaCDGoSiXXInPrAtAIJaGlThDVGuXIXXXIRDTeCDTeJoIoAiSo
IHWhLaPlLaXIByFaFrPaByBeAlRoWiiSAqKeBaRoCowwMoCiELMaRARoCD
RuRoPaJoPSRoTsCoIIDaCDCaXIXXJaAgXXDiBrFaHeAeJePlArAnInReRH
MiNiKOLeUnZeMTTeIWMuXVThOnCDPaVeTiJeWaChSaSoRoSwToIIStDVAl
XXXIKOXXJaBoLGEmZsBoSQKOFaThOlMuDiCaMyTOXVAxJaLoEdAeBlBuLR
WiWideAkStVaClDiPrWeCDMiSoEmFoAcIIWiWoJoXIFrWiXIXImpXIsoGa
McXXADIWwwDiFeRoGeJoGrWiKeXIODThAnRuJaToDaTwCDXIPUCoXVAnKe
XXXXXXKOAsITChCDMeEaBopdGoNoXXXVEnMa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: