123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMacs and Mac minis to use NVIDIA chips?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time Apple started paying attention to the Mac mini. I really think it's one of the best computers they make, even though they appear to hate the thing. I think Apple would rather you buy a more expensive system from them. Mine has been completely trouble free for over the last year. It also runs silent and makes the perfect HTPC. I cannot say enough good things about this little guy. I will buy another when I need to upgrade computers.
MrBabou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'll have the cash to buy it when it comes out, but it's nice to see that Apple seems to want to keep the Mini alive. Me also have had an excellent experience with my Mini, and will upgrade it when I can. Although the lack of Firewire is a bummer for me as well: I have an external MyBook drive using FW, but I'm not sure if it's only FW though (have to check that). And, there might be a converter thingy that exists which could resolve this...
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they keep the firewire I would like to get a Apogee Duet for recording music. It seems they are always lacking something I need in my price range, but we will see hope isn't lost yet.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usarcher wrote:
Rightondamark wrote:
My prediction for the Mac mini goes:

- It will have slightly different case with a black top.
- 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of RAM.
- MiniDisplay port with DVI adapter.
- 160GB hard drive (250GB - 500GB as options).
- 2GB of RAM.
- SuperDrive.
- 4 USB ports, no Firewire.
- MagSafe connector for power
- Digital audio in and out.
- 802.11 b/g/n and gigabit Ethernet.
- Apple Keyboard, Mighty Mouse and Remote.

All yours for $699, take it or leave it. I'll take one after Snow Leopard comes out.

Please no MagSafe on a desktop Rolling Eyes

If that means a smaller power adapter, that's fine with me. The rest of the specs sound great. It will be sad to see FireWire go though. But not sad enough to prevent me from buying one. I'm so ready to upgrade Mac minis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: