123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netbook compatibility chart for OS X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, Fox. And if/when there's a final decision in the Psystar case, that ruling will only have jurisdiction in the United States. I think that Apple would have to make their case again in Canada and the UK before you and I faced jail-time for installing Leopard on a Wind... Wink Very Happy
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Netbook compatibility chart for OS X Reply with quote

I've been looking through the posts in this SFF forum, and generally getting more and more bewildered as to why some manufacturer doesn't just produce a netbook that just happens to be entirely hardware compatible with Mac OS X out-of-the-box. I mean, it would just sell like hotcakes, wouldn't it?

So I typed "OS X netbook" into Google.... and discovered that the "entirely hardware compatible with OS X" netbook already exists.

I revisited this thread to take a second look at that compatibility chart in the OP and sure enough, once I stopped allowing myself to be distracted by the Wind in the top spot, I noticed the other netbook that had nothing but green blobs next to its name....

Yep.... it's the Dell. Shocked

In fact, if you have a look at this more comprehensive compatibility chart, you'll see that the Dell doesn't have so much as one red mark against its name.

And the article that forced me to rub my eyes and come back to verify that Dell make a perfect computer to run OS X was this one...
http://gizmodo.com/5156903/how-to-hackintosh-a-dell-mini-9-into-the-ultimate-os-x-netbook

Who'd have thought it, eh?
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dell wireless cards are among the most compatible with OSX, whether in the Dell netbook or not. They are Broadcom cards, same as AirPort Extreme.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Dell wireless cards are among the most compatible with OSX, whether in the Dell netbook or not. They are Broadcom cards, same as AirPort Extreme.

Yes indeed, Fox. Much of the rest of the Mini 9 seems to be very compatible with OS X. What a pity it doesn't have the keyboard of the Samsung NC10... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: