123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Photo Pro?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iJonx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Apple Photo Pro? Reply with quote

I don't know if this has appeared in the forums already but has anyone else come across any stories about Apple coming out with a software called Photo Pro? I came across this story on this link:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0508adobe.html

If this has appeared in the forums before, I'm sorry to have repeated it but I couldn't find anything on this Apple Photo Pro when I did a search through the forums.
Airport & Bluetooth
Superdrive
2 x 250 GB External LaCie Hard Drive
(1 boot drive, 1 whatever I want!)
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
40GB 4G iPod
60GB 5G iPod (Black)
4GB Black iPod Nano
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
charleslaigo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Apple iPhotoshop? Reply with quote

An interesting concept, but if its anything like iPhoto (an irritating hard drive space devourer), then I think I'll stick with Photohop CS.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple and Microsoft have licking their chops for a long time looking to go after Photoshop. I don't think either of them stands a chance. Have you heard about Microsoft's latest attempt to go after iPhoto.

http://www.microsoft.com/max/
Ranter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Apple and Microsoft have licking their chops for a long time looking to go after Photoshop. I don't think either of them stands a chance. Have you heard about Microsoft's latest attempt to go after iPhoto.

http://www.microsoft.com/max/

I wonder if any of their copy editors read this sentence:

"Max is built on built on the next-generation WinFX technology that will drive the development of Windows Vista® applications."

It seems unlike Microsoft to have such a blunder on their website. I guess times are tough, with all the smart ones going to Google.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
slickrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranter wrote:

It seems unlike Microsoft to have such a blunder on their website. I guess times are tough, with all the smart ones going to Google.

And Apple! Wink
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Rumor Reply with quote

http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles/2005/10/16/apple-to-release-a-photo-retouching-application/

This rumor site is reporting that Core Image may be an integral part of this software-to-be-released, which if true of course leaves out the Mini.

Mad

Jamie
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumor Reply with quote

picaman wrote:
http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles/2005/10/16/apple-to-release-a-photo-retouching-application/

This rumor site is reporting that Core Image may be an integral part of this software-to-be-released, which if true of course leaves out the Mini.

Mad

Jamie

Do you think Apple will release this app tomorrow? I have my doubts. Although, this might prevent Adobe from dragging their heels with Photoshop once Apple switches to Intel.
Ranter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumor Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Do you think Apple will release this app tomorrow? I have my doubts. Although, this might prevent Adobe from dragging their heels with Photoshop once Apple switches to Intel.

I'd love it if they did. Adobe could use some competition. Why should only one company make ultra-super-bloatware for photographers?

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
andp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Photoshop like program from Apple for $100 would be killer! Photoshop is too expensive for most people and Adobe stopped making Photoshop Elements for OS X. I wonder what they would call it?
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Apple didn't have any problems releasing Final Cut Pro in the face of Adobe Premiere. A little competition is in the end probably a good thing for all concerned. And from what I read, it's not really direct competition for Photoshop anyway--more for Elements.

I think we'll see it in a few hours, along with whatever else Apple chooses to bless us with Laughing

Jamie
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aperture $499.
iLife's a Bitch!
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumor Reply with quote

picaman wrote:
And from what I read, it's not really direct competition for Photoshop anyway--more for Elements.

Wow was I wrong Laughing Very high-end app--Mac Mini owners need not apply.

Smile

Jamie
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumor Reply with quote

picaman wrote:

Wow was I wrong Laughing Very high-end app--Mac Mini owners need not apply.

Smile

Jamie

I don't think anyone will apply. I doubt pro users will switch from Photoshop.
iLife's a Bitch!
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumor Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I don't think anyone will apply. I doubt pro users will switch from Photoshop.

It looks to be more of a supplement to Photoshop. My take is that it's Adobe Bridge on steroids--mainly for image management and workflow.

At any rate, it requires a G5 and Core Image. But I doubt that hard-core professional photographers are doing this kind of production work on Minis anyway.

Smile

Jamie
slickrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for Aperture Elements. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: