123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iTunes 8.0.2 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: iTunes 8.0.2 Released Reply with quote

iTunes 8.0.2 Released
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Posted by: Brian

Apple has released iTunes 8.0.2 via its Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the company, iTunes 8.0.2 improves stability and performance and provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

- Addresses a quality issue creating MP3s on some computers.
- Fixes a connectivity issue with the iTunes Store when using some Internet proxies with Mac OS X.
- Improves accessibility with VoiceOver.

iTunes 8.0.2 weighs in at 60.3MB.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1081.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope 10.5.6 and iPhone 2.2 come out tomorrow. These little updates are a hassle and boring.
jrt1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this version opens faster than 8.0.2. Like 13 seconds to be exact. It was taking at least 20 to 30 seconds before. Anyone else notice this?
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrt1 wrote:
I think this version opens faster than 8.0.2. Like 13 seconds to be exact. It was taking at least 20 to 30 seconds before. Anyone else notice this?

I don't notice much of a difference. It still seems to load slowly for me on the first launch.
kyle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still asks me if I am sure I want to remove songs every time... Why? the previous versions never did... Mad
idave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle wrote:
It still asks me if I am sure I want to remove songs every time... Why? the previous versions never did... Mad

You probably need to trash your com.apple.iTunes.plist file and then select "never ask me again" when prompted.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
selector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: video controller Reply with quote

I find that after the update, videos of all kinds have a hiccup when the controller comes up on screen. Oh, and when it leaves too. The video goes black for a second or two in a flashing kind of way.

Has anyone else seen this?

It may confirm my suspicion that iTunes is becoming a bloated behemoth, who's buttons begin to pop off one by one with each update.

Confused
SlipperyRock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: video controller Reply with quote

selector wrote:
I find that after the update, videos of all kinds have a hiccup when the controller comes up on screen. Oh, and when it leaves too. The video goes black for a second or two in a flashing kind of way.

Has anyone else seen this?

It may confirm my suspicion that iTunes is becoming a bloated behemoth, who's buttons begin to pop off one by one with each update.

Confused

I'm so disappointed with iTunes 8. It opens slow with beachballs, reacts slowly within the app, plays video poorly, and streams slowly to my new Airport Express. The list really goes on and on. I'm not sure what's causing all of this, but disabling Genius doesn't even help anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: