123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Tells Macworld Holiday Line-up Is Set
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would like a new, faster mini, I'm not sure I would run out and buy a new, upgraded model, at least not until my existing one shows signs of its age. This is assuming the new one comes with a different video connector and no FW. I don't do any video-intensive work on my mini, so even an upgraded video card might not be enough to tempt me.

On a similar subject, I finally had a chance to view the new MacBook, which came to our local Future Shop. I thought that this might just be the one to tempt me away from my current laptops - a PowerBook G4 and an MSI Wind Netbook. The screen glare that everyone has been talking about wasn't so bad, but I didn't find the display to be all that sharp (especially compared to the MacBook Air sitting next to it), and it still felt heavy. Nope - gonna stick with what I have for now. If anything, I'll wait for the present generation MacBook Air to get discounted. Speaking of which, can a home user change the battery on the new model?
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
James T Kirk wrote:
I might buy a new mini if Apple adapts USB 3.0 and puts a new 3.0 USB slot in the mini.

That would be cool, but are there actually USB 3.0 devices for sale? I think it's early for that one. I would just like to see them continue on with firewire. It seems like it could go away now since they moved away from it on the MacBook, which is also crazy.

There is not yet hardware available, but the 'big boys' agreed on introducing it in 2009 in their hardware and also Intel now agreed. Apple was not one of the early adopters though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: