123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best CRT or LCD compatible with Mac mini under 150

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Travis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Best CRT or LCD compatible with Mac mini under 150 Reply with quote

I am looking for a display:
-CRT or LCD (Dosn't matter much)
-Good picture quality (or atleast best for my price range)
-Under 150 dollars
-Works perfectly with Mac mini
-Size dosn't matter to much, just larger then 15 inches.

Thank you so much for your help.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Best CRT or LCD compatible with Mac mini under 150 Reply with quote

Travis wrote:
I am looking for a display:
-CRT or LCD (Dosn't matter much)
-Good picture quality (or atleast best for my price range)
-Under 150 dollars
-Works perfectly with Mac mini
-Size dosn't matter to much, just larger then 15 inches.

Thank you so much for your help.

Any newer monitor should work OK with your mini. In your price range you are going to be more likely to find a better selection of CRT monitors. However, I would suggest getting an LCD over a CRT if you can swing it. In that price range you might be able to find a Viewsonic LCD if you shop around a little. I saw some refurbished 17" LCDs on newegg.com for 180.00. Other than that watch the sales flyers. You should be able to find CRT offerings from every major mfg in your price range.
cinemafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having used both, I'd say go for an LCD, and make sure it has a DVI input. The quirky/dim display problems when connected to a CRT and the universal problems with running an LCD with analog signal make both undesireable, especially when you're considering spending money on it (rather than using whatever you have laying around).

Wal-Mart sells a 15" LCD with DVI input made by Ilo, Wal-Mart's proprietary electronics brand. It goes for a little less than $200 online, but I've seen it in actual Wal-Marts for a clean $150. This thing does 1024x768 @ 75Hz, which is a minimum. There are other, cheaper LCD's out there but are stuck at 60Hz at the same res.
Travis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at bestbuy and decided I liked the 15 inch sony LCD. I will probably go with that (yes, I have increased my price range). Does anyone know anything about the sony LCD's? thanks.
Ranter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis wrote:
I was looking at bestbuy and decided I liked the 15 inch sony LCD. I will probably go with that (yes, I have increased my price range). Does anyone know anything about the sony LCD's? thanks.

I use a 20" Sony LCD with native 1600 by 1200 on my Power Mac, it is *very* nice.

Sony LCDs are good. They tend to be very slightly bluish, but you can correct for that using the Apple color calibration thingymabob.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: