123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Holding Notebook Event on October 14th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fazzy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaMini wrote:
Thats great!!! I like that.

Thanks! Smile

I have fun playing around, but please excuse my crude Photoshop skills.
Texark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like a prude, but Apple may have to do better than $800 in this economy. The Dow Jones lost another 678 points today. It's getting really bad out there.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
I hate to sound like a prude, but Apple may have to do better than $800 in this economy. The Dow Jones lost another 678 points today. It's getting really bad out there.

Wait a second!!! Is this the line for MacBook Pros or soup? Wink

I'm not going to be a buyer of one of the new MacBooks, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like. It will also be interesting to see what Apple does with the pricing.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey buddy, the line's back there! Laughing

I sold my Macbook Pro last month in preparation for these new MacBooks. I'm ready!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opensky42 wrote:
I sold my Macbook Pro last month in preparation for these new MacBooks. I'm ready!

It sounds like you are sitting pretty then. You might even have some money left over to buy bread. That line starts over to the right. Wink

Are you going with the regular MacBook or Pro this time around?
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually am sitting pretty right now, because I bought my MacBook Pro for $900 with money from selling my two iBooks that I fixed up. I was pretty stoked about scoring the MBP for so cheap, but just to see what would happen, I listed it on Craigslist for $1800. It sold the next day. So what I buy next week will depend on how cool what they release is. Cool The current MacBooks already have better specs than my MBP had. I figure that even the baseline MacBook will be more powerful than what I had, so it just depends on the prices. Probably just a MacBook, tho. I am heralding in the new aluminum design, and saying sayonara to crappy-looking white plastic computers!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opensky42 wrote:
I am heralding in the new aluminum design, and saying sayonara to crappy-looking white plastic computers!

I never really cared for the white plastic either. I always thought that it looked a little kiddy, if you know what I mean.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I just hope they continue on with matte screens for when I upgrade down the road.

I still wish Apple offered a matte option (preferably LED) for the regular MacBooks. I recently picked up an Asus Eee PC 1000h like Bandit and g5g5 for this very reason. I mean besides it being ultra-portable. The glare coming off glossy screens just really annoys me. I'll never understand the love for them. I don't even care for the enhanced color saturation they offer.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engadget has something that would be good news, there will be a GPU overhaul on all the MacBooks.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/10/new-macbooks-to-be-based-on-nvidia-geforce-9400-9300-chipsets/

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Texark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
Engadget has something that would be good news, there will be a GPU overhaul on all the MacBooks.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/10/new-macbooks-to-be-based-on-nvidia-geforce-9400-9300-chipsets/

I bet just the upper-end MacBook (what would be the black model now) gets the dedicated GPU. The lower-end model"s" could have something like the Intel 4500MHD. I wouldn't doubt that's what ends up in the next Mac mini as well.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
dungeon92 wrote:

I bet just the upper-end MacBook (what would be the black model now) gets the dedicated GPU. The lower-end model"s" could have something like the Intel 4500MHD. I wouldn't doubt that's what ends up in the next Mac mini as well.

I'd take that bet.
Texark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'd take that bet.

So you're saying they will all include the same GPU? Even the rumored $800 model? You might be right, but that would surprise me.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more inclined with thinking that there won't be variations between the video chip sets in the the MacBook product line.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm more inclined with thinking that there won't be variations between the video chip sets in the the MacBook product line.

Agreed. It also cuts down on manufacturing costs and makes it easier on Apple repair centers. They just need to make and stock the one board.
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

Agreed. It also cuts down on manufacturing costs and makes it easier on Apple repair centers. They just need to make and stock the one board.

Agreed. It also makes it easier on consumers. Apple tends to streamline choices in consumer level products.

It can be argued that the iMac offers various video choices. Point taken. It can be also be argued the the iMac isn't "entirely" geared at consumers, while the mini and the MacBooks are. The iMac tends to be the middle ground in the desktop environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: