123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tron 2.0 and Star Wars: Best of PC - GOOD NEWS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emax4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Tron 2.0 and Star Wars: Best of PC - GOOD NEWS Reply with quote

I picked up the 2003 Tron 2.0 for PC and it runs fine under Windows. There is a trick though. First, you have to go to Intel's website and download the drivers for the GMA950 graphics. Then you need to go to http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/ and download the latest drivers. Once both of those were installed the game ran and didn't give me any hassle about insufficient hardware.

I took the plunge and bought Star Wars: Best of PC which contains Empire at War, Knights of the Old Republic, Battlefront (had it in OS X Tiger but never ran in Leopard), Jedi Outcast and Republic Commando. Under Windows, all the games run fine. I had to install KOTOR before Jedi Outcast, and each game gives a pop-up about insufficient hardware, but once you click "OK" you're presented with each game entirely at the default hardware setting.

I'm not running them under the Mac OS but under Windows XP, and I have the 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo machine. Add this to another game that runs fine in the Mini, under Windows though.
emax4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game can be had for about $40, which averages $8 per Star Wars game. On top of that there's a 15-day trial of Star Wars Galaxies, but I haven't loaded that yet.

Even with the Mac version, I was able to download lots of extra maps and more for Battlefront. You'll definitely get your money's worth for this, and it's worth getting Windows simply for these.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a fix..

No matter what you should update the intel gma chipset drivers from intel.

If you Dont all games give you the your hardware isn't compatible error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: