123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinnacle TV for Mac HD mini Stick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Pinnacle TV for Mac HD mini Stick Reply with quote

Pinnacle TV for Mac HD mini Stick
Monday, September 8, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Pinnacle Systems today announced its Pinnacle TV for Mac HD mini Stick, a new ultra-compact HDTV tuner. The USB device supports digital over-the-air TV (ATSC) and unencrypted digital cable TV (ClearQAM) for SDTV and HDTV with resolutions of up to 1080i. It's compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or later and comes bundled with the latest version of Elgato's EyeTV Lite software for a full range of recording and playback controls, including timeshifting and EPG or manual recording capabilities. The Pinnacle TV for Mac HD mini Stick also comes with a mini remote control, high-gain telescopic TV antenna and travel bag.

The Pinnacle TV for Mac HD mini Stick will be available at retail later this month. It has a suggested retail price of $129.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1027.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool that it's really small, but I'm not sure why anyone would pick this over one of the Eyetv tuners. It doesn't even sound like you are getting a full version of the Eyetv software.
idave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
It's cool that it's really small, but I'm not sure why anyone would pick this over one of the Eyetv tuners.

That makes two of us.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if it had the full version of EyeTV, but they went with EyeTV Lite? Rolling Eyes
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
docmacps

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Still Waiting for New Pinnacle Mac Tuner Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
It's cool that it's really small, but I'm not sure why anyone would pick this over one of the Eyetv tuners. It doesn't even sound like you are getting a full version of the Eyetv software.

EyeTV Lite isn't really that 'light' - the ability to trim/edit video is the only MAJOR functional difference - otherwise it performs admirably. Aesthetically its very different: Menu-driven and alot like Apple's Front Row which the average consumer might be just as comfortable using.

As of Oct 5th this tuner still isn't shipping anywhere I can find other than direct from Pinnacle. If the street price comes down to $99 it'll be a good value option.

Doc
http://www.mac-digital-tv-tuners.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: