123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Mac Mini waiting game...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you going nuts waiting for a new Mac Mini version to appear?
Yes. Steve, save us from this horrible waiting game!
56%
 56%  [ 33 ]
No. Not really bothered or waiting for a new Mac Mini.
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 58

bellboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: 2008 Mac Mini waiting game... Reply with quote

Surely, I am not the only Windows users wanting to switch but is waiting for a new Mac Mini to show up.
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I just slap Linux on my PCs and enjoy them... Wink
lynx2cross

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope just bought my 1.83ghz mini a month ago and am very happy and have no plans for a upgrade anytime soon.
tranz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While im not exactly in a hurry to purchase, I am enthusiastic about the possibility of a new mini which I hope we'll see sooner or later.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"2008 Mac Mini waiting game..."

Nahh... I don't wait. I just buy when I need/want something.

For all those who wait, I do feel bad. I've been ENJOYING my Mini for nearly 2 years and it still does all my daily needs with no problem. No regrets.

This thread could be called:

"2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020. . . MacMini waiting game"

There will always be someone waiting for something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
boehmb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
"2008 Mac Mini waiting game..."

Nahh... I don't wait. I just buy when I need/want something.

For all those who wait, I do feel bad. I've been ENJOYING my Mini for nearly 2 years and it still does all my daily needs with no problem. No regrets.

This thread could be called:

"2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020. . . MacMini waiting game"

There will always be someone waiting for something.

Same here. I've had my Mini for almost a year and it still does everything I want. I am curious though...
Zuma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to buy a second one.
iggypop123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still waiting. i want the newest one i have no rush to get one so i can wait
bellboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, I'm a long time Windows user (and network admin) and am very eager to make the switch as I am quite tired of Microsoft's desktop shenanigans (windows Genuine Advantage was the final straw for me). I have been wanting to make this change since about February of this year and am adamant on going for a Mini as:

- I like the small footprint.
- Don't want my system tied to the monitor.
- Like the fact that the Mini is user accessible (mod-able).
- Don't want to blow >$2000k on a home computer (no Pro for me just yet).

The plan is to purchase 2 of them (one for the wife and myself) but I'll be darned if I will get suckered into paying the retail price of the current Mini for what would equate to ancient hardware in the PC arena. This is why I'm doing the waiting (hoping!) game. We shall see what, if anything, Jobs announces in September.

My minimum hopes are:

CPU: 45nm Core 2 Duo (Penryn).
Chipset: Centrino 2.
Memory: support up to atleast 4GB (DDR-2/3).
Video: GMA X4500 as per Centrino 2 spec (preferable Radeon based with 256MB+ dedicated memory).
HDD: SSD, 2.5" or better yet 3.5" - 7200rpm.
Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: I don't care about it as I won't use it (disable them).

Anyway, we'll see come a month's time as I have an inkling that something will happen next month.
Something means either a new Mini will be announced or the model will be killed off altogether (heaven forbid!)

Last edited by bellboy on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
mdgm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting. I need to save up and I'm not going to pay $850+ for such outdated technology. It needs a superdrive and 802.11n plus capacity for 4gb ram in the base model at that price.
Sanlky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... i really want that there is a new mac mini... but if there is new.. i will have to sell mine at a lower price... so i guess, i wont buy a new one. So.. i dont need to wait for something i wont have... it makes me indifferent.

If the mini is upgraded... it will only have some minor updates... maybe Penryn Procesors, maybe a little better video graphic card, and no more else. If Penryn is upgraded... it will be good, i dont know if there is penryn mobile quad core yet... i think penryn would the best thing to be updated.

Macbook pro, uses same memory type as mac mini, 667mhz, it wont have ddr. Mac book pro doesnt have SATA II so mini wont have neither.
reebzor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the mistake of buying a new mac once; my powerbook. A week later they released revised ones that were cheaper and better...

All of my other macs have been bought used or refurbished so I never have to wait.
White 16gb iPhone 3g, iPod mini 4gb
statik13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Still waiting Reply with quote

Been awaiting the refresh for the last couple months. My core duo Mac Mini does the job great but since my old powerbook I was using as an HTPC gave up the ghost I've been looking for a reason to move the Mac Mini into the living room. Which would mean a new mac mini for day to day use Smile
payshunz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: willing to wait Reply with quote

I want to replace my old G4 with a mini but will not pay for a product that was bottom of the line a year ago and hasn't changed since. Yes, it has a faster processor, but that and it's form factor are not enough to warrant $800. Poor graphics, limited top memory, slow and small (by today's standards) internal hard drive - a year ago I would have bought it but not today. If Apple doesn't come out with a decent mini replacement soon, I'll have to (ugh) stick with my Windoze machine, loathe though I am to do so.
Squid3660

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am compulsively obsessively checking 123macmin.com news for any word on a new Mac Mini... at least three or four times a day, except maybe twice on weekends just in case Apple decides to release something on a weekend.

That is how much I want an upgraded mini...

I bought brand new, and have been using my 1.66Ghz core duo since July 2006 as my daily personal computer. I bought a used one on ebay last year, same specs, for a fairly good price... I use it as a video server or sorts. Then I bought a cheap 1.25Ghz PPC because it needed a home. I absolutely love these machines. I really don't know why I need an upgraded mini... The 1.66 core duo does exactly what I want and need... Maybe I am just looking for a mini that is a lot faster. Video rendering on a mini takes forever, which is my only gripe. I still run Tiger... I am afraid of Leopard for some strange reason... I think I am just so used to Tiger, and maybe afraid of having to learn an OS all over again... Also, I am afraid that my 1.66 mini won't be able to handle Leopard. Things are peppy with Tiger on my machine... I dont want to mess with that.

So, an updated mini would definitely be grounds for me to make the switch to Leopard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: