123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone/iTouch in-car dock with charging and video out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myminirocks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: iPhone/iTouch in-car dock with charging and video out? Reply with quote

Does it exist? The Plan:

iPhone in the front of the car, connected to the cigarette lighter then to a swivel cradle (for horizontal or vertical use) with at least audio out (possibly video) something like this:
http://www.iworld.co.uk/iWorldSite/product/iPhone_Car_Accessories/KE_33430EU/Kensington_LiquidAUX_Deluxe_Car_Kit_for_iPod.htm

Then in the back row of the car something pretty similar i guess but HAS to have video out and will only be for an iTouch. I doesn't need to have the cradle because it will be intended to output to some headrest screens or maybe a flip down screen.

I have moved from installing my mini into the car to a solution with few ipods. This solves a few of the niggling issues with macmini carputers, namely power management, media syncing and dual screen/audio outputs.

All I need is a dock with video out that is made for the car environment.

Thx everyone!!
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a dock like this or this? For the back, use the same thing plus the Apple Composite AV Cable.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wee, yeah the dock you linked to is the one I linked to, great minds think alike huh?

I just can't seem to find a dock that charges and outputs video made for the car (12 ciggy lighter powered)

Anyone got any other ideas?
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
myminirocks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I seem to have hit the jackpot finally (why google oh why did it take this long!!)

For anyone else who is interested, iLounge has some great reviews of pretty much every (decent) ipod accessory

Now time to choose, so far i think the Belkin TuneBase, and the DLO Transdock are looking the goods.

I will post bak once I have decided and once i have personal review
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: