123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programs don't fit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new_mac_guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Programs don't fit Reply with quote

Sorry about all these strange problems....
Starting today (my second day with a MAC Mini) all of a sudden Safari is too big for my 17 inch screen. The right part of WEB sites is cut off....
In Mail the left side is cut off. How do I shrink these apps?

Added 10 minutes later... I got it fixed. Don't know how. Flying fingers trying everything.

In meantime I downloaded Firefox. No trouble with anything cut off. But, a little squeezed in on sides. Guess I'll geet them both.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find out the maximum resolution for your monitor. Change the display setting to the maximum resolution. That will give you the most screen real estate for your monitor.

On a 17" 4:3 monitor I prefer 1024*768 for browsing. Your monitor will likely display a resolution above 1024*768 but that might make things too small for your liking.
new_mac_guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Screen resolution Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I looked in MAC OS X Book (by Andy Ihnatko) which I bought yesterday at Borders at 40% off (nice book) and saw how to set the resolution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: