123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best free games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
litterbox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Best free games Reply with quote

What are some sites that have decent free games to just play around with? I am aware of America's Army. Just wanted to get a few opinions. Buying my new mini and all leaves the wallet a little thin on games right now. Thanks to all in advance. BTW, I am a newbie to MAC (yes, another switcher) and I can't believe how different (in a good way) that my mini is compared to my PC. I bought the 1.42, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, BT/AE model with wireless KB and mouse. Only thing that I can say about it is WOW Exclamation Anyways glad to be part of 123macmini.com now, and again thanks to all responses in advance.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finder > Applications > Chess! Wink

Just Kidding! What kind of games are you into?
iLife's a Bitch!
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://www.versiontracker.com and look in the Games category. Its a good place to start.
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
litterbox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on versiontracker.com. I like just about anything. Like flight sims, role playing, arcade,children's educational, really all types. I am also looking into a few children's games for the kids to learn with. I only like to shell out $$ for games that are worth it like WoW. I use my mini more for business related items, but I also want to have some fun on "downtime". I am also trying to teach my kids the wonderous world of MAC so they can be more advanced for school.
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

litterbox wrote:
I am also trying to teach my kids the wonderous world of MAC so they can be more advanced for school.

Its funny but I gave my kids my old Dell Pentium XP box when I switched to the Mac because my daughter's school uses PCs. But I still have to kick the kids off my Mini. I asked my daughter the other day why she wanted to use my Mac. Her reply, "Dad, its not fair that you get the cool computer and I have to use the PC". How could I argue? I wonder if her school would accept a donation of a dozen Minis?
Dell 1905FP
JediTimmy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd except a donation of a mac mini, please. Crying or Very sad
i want a mac mini but im poor, but ill buy one anyway. does anyone know if it is at all possible to upgrade the GPU? thats the only real thing i think needs an upgrade. the mac mini would be 'the' gaming machine if you could. Twisted Evil but im sure there will be a possible upgrade sooner or later if there isnt already.

thnx, Timmy.
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe upgrading the GPU is really feasible. Honestly, I don't expect Apple to perform any serious changes to the Mini line until the Intel processors come along.
Dell 1905FP
NeoSpudly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Reply with quote

I saw that you were looking for the best free games and the one that comes to my mind, is wolfenstein enemy territory, its an online multiplayer game and its free runs good on my mini.

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: