123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell unleashes the "Mac Mini Killer"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
"
Quote:

What is a Curmudgeon ?

An angry young man grows up to be a crotchety and cantankerous old man.

Ah you see...we disagree again..Wink Very Happy

Bobaloo,

As I see it, (and have experienced it as my own life ), I would rather suggest it has nothing to do with becoming a cantankerous olde man...(If you had read the link it would have been clear such attributes, are wrongly ascribed.).

I was certainly a classic "Angry Young man" with a deep and abiding sense of injustice and malcontent aforethought; who felt that the only justice that was worth having, was through revolutionary 'action'.

But then, the years mellowed and I became a teacher.

In that one act, I put aside the anger and took on a "getting of Wisdom"..

I guess that's what happens, when you cease being one of the "Children of the Revolution" and see the world for what it really is...

And as for being cantankerous...?

Nahh...it doesn't fit..

I might bite people on the arse when they deserve it, or are rude......but that's hardly cantankerous..

If anything, my friends, all think that I have a great sense of humour...Cool

However, I must admit, my humour particularly comes out in sharp barbs, that mock the pontificators and mendacious pushers of ill abode..

For me, it's as much 'sport' as it is a counter, to so many of the ludicrous claims of disaster and collective bellyaching, that our world's media seem all to willing to support and promote.

It staggers me to think in the greatest time of all times, when science and material wealth is increasing, not just for some, but for almost all; we somehow manage to overlook these great triumphs in a indulgent display of petulant self loathing and misanthropy.

And since much of this sort of collective bellyaching (but not all) comes from the Left, I am only too willing to take pot shots at them when they raise their heads over the barricades... Laughing

In this, you can think of me, as a more of an Aussie version of P J O'Rourke..

Then you'll get something of the larger picture... Wink

Cheers

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
barnz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:

Anybody lose a hockey puck???

I'm pretty sure I saw that thing vaccuuming my sister's living room last time I was there. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: