123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this a good deal for an iMac, what do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Is this a good deal for an iMac, what do you think? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I was thinking of getting a MacBook Pro to replace my Vista Ultimate desktop, but than I cam along this:

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?Redir=1&description=Apple%2D24%22+iMac+%2D+Intel+Core+2+Duo+2%2E4GHz%2C+1GB+Memory%2C+320GB+HD+Wireless+Keyboard+%26+Mouse%2DiMac&dpno=7296003

..and I don't really mind getting an iMac, since I already have a MacBook Air for portability. Do you guys think that's a good deal? ...the RAM at newegg.com is like $100 for 4GB to upgrade.

Thanks!!
optikinescant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, but that has the older setup that only has a 667mhz bus speed, might be worth the $200 to get the slightly faster 2.6Ghz model listed lower on the page which is the newest build with the slightly faster bus speed.

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail~dpno~7497736.asp
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

optikinescant wrote:
Not bad, but that has the older setup that only has a 667mhz bus speed, might be worth the $200 to get the slightly faster 2.6Ghz model listed lower on the page which is the newest build with the slightly faster bus speed.

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail~dpno~7497736.asp

That's true, didn't think of that. Thanks.
Zakkfan25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a really good deal to me. You can always get another stick of ram, that's about the only low point. Crucial.com is your friend Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: