123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this the right forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emax4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Is this the right forum? Reply with quote

Forgive me for asking, but is this the right forum for gaming under Windows XP on the Mac? So far, I just get the feeling that the games listed on here are games just for the Mac Mini. I can understand why also, since the Mac Mini (latest) uses the Intel GMA 950 adapter and not the best for some of hte newer games.

Being that I have Windows on my Mac Mini, I have some of my older games loaded on my Mac side (Diablo II, UT2004,etc), I was able to get Visual Pinball running oh-so-smoothly on the Windows side. Being that the plethora of Windows games are now available I've been able to get some Windows games running. The Half-Life anothology, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator and LA Street Racing run fine under Windows with do-able frame rates. I picked up Need for Speed:Carbon - Collector's Edition, but that doesn't work. Yeah, I know that game requires a non-Intel GMA 950 adapter (basically, not a Mac Mini), but the copyright date was 2006 and I assumed that the system requirements would be lenient.

So, is this the right topic that we post Windows games Q&A on, or should it be under a different topic? If this is it I'd like to know what topic we post that info in.
emax4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get LucasArts Star Wars: Best of PC. That's got Knights of the Old Republic, Commandos, and my favorite that no longer works under Leopard; Star Wars Battleground. Does anyone have this? If so, how well do all 5 games run? I'd hate to spend $40 and not be able to use it.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the star wars games seem to run fine i have had no issues except when running dark forces that is my only one that doesn't work in the ms-dos window under xp.
emax4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get Star Wars Battleground running (after downloading it online). Now I know I can buy the real thing for PCs. I just hope I can get Commandos running.
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this the right forum? Reply with quote

emax4 wrote:
Forgive me for asking, but is this the right forum for gaming.

Games...?

The only ones worth the effort, are Chess, Suduko & Cryptic Crosswords..Wink

All the rest give rise to an Over~active Hippocampus, or lead to "Juvenile Dementia" aka...Brain Flab... Cool

Aqua

Ps....

Where is my gameboy.... Shocked

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: