123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you rate MobileMe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iCloud
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you rate MobileMe?
Excellent
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Above average
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Average
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Below average
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Poor
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Don't use MobileMe
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 44

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: How would you rate MobileMe? Reply with quote

Poll: How would you rate MobileMe?

Charles
123Macmini.com
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hold off voting for a few days just to see if I have any problems that swing my vote.

My first impression was it was going to be a nightmare. My calendars wouldn't sync. The error messages reminded me of my Windows days. Unable to sync due to inconsistent data. ??? Which Data ???

After a full evening of pratting around I managed to get them in sync. My basically removing all entries in my calendars. Syncing them and then adding back each calendar one at a time until the error message returned. Eventually I found the culprit which I think was a couple of calendar groups called Home & Work. Mobile Me seemed to be creating two calendars default calendars by the same names causing the conflict. I renamed my calendar groups and everything sync'd ok.

Previously on .Mac I had separate calendars on my iMac and Macbook Pro. I tried to have one set and sync them but I found it very troublesome via .Mac. As a work around I decided to split them and keep separate master calendars. The iMac had the home calendars whereas Macbook Pro had work calendars. I published both sets and subscribed on each so I could see the full set on both.

BTW The two separate calendars weren't the problem with syncing. Prior to mobile me I removed all the subscriptions and unpublished. I also backup the calendars on the iMac and deleted all entries. I then wanted to sync with the mobile me system to get the MBPm iMac and Mobile Me in sync before adding back the home calendars from the backup.

Now I have the calendars in sync its a huge improvement, Mobile Me makes keeping both calendars in sync so much easier and I now no longer have to publish and subscribe to run the calendars the way I want them. All my calendars now contain everything and the web based calendar makes it easy to use even if I'm on my work PC.

So its a big thumbs up from me so far, even after the rocky start.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Pop Bottle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving it an above average rating despite some of the early troubles and Push syncing controversy. It's definitely a step up from .Mac.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted excellent. I've had no issues yet. Push works great. Once the servers were up I synced everything again, no hiccups.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use it!
TimD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a search funtion in the calendar.

I have a POP account and was hoping to forward all the mail from this to mobile me and change the reply to address to that of my POP account. I can do this with Yahoo but not with me.

I'd rather they got the basic funtionality right before the cool gui.

Cheers,

Tim.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy now that it's working. I like having my MacBook, Mini and iPod Touch all synced.

The extra 30 day extension offer has made my rating excellent as well.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
usarcher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate it excellent. Never had a problem except for the sluggish start. I love push on the iPhone Very Happy
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Push is definitely a big plus. I updated a contact on my MacBook and it was there on my mini. As soon as I turned on my iPod Touch, it was pushed there. I like that.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
outaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the Push stuff but sometimes it's late..
Night_Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: I rate it poor, removed it, found it had deleted all my data Reply with quote

I rate it poor, cancelled my trial. When removed it, I found it had deleted all my data.

I lost all my contacts on my iTouch. I was able to take an emailed copy of my Mac Pro's files, but lost some key contacts of people I need to email some photo's to.

I
ghdavies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with it, it's going to make life a lot easier for me. The only thing I'd like is to be able to change my 'reply to'.
LetsMac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Mobile Me Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to use MobileMe until recently.
The User Interface is pretty user friendly and I like it very much. However, when I tried to use mobileME with my office exchange server it doesn't work My admin said it wasn't support yet. But is that true?
ghdavies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile Me doesn't work with Exchange. You have to use your .me email for it, so I now forward all my business emails to my me.com account which to be honest is a pain and I'm not happy about. But the advantages make up for the disadvantages, when I'm in a customers office my iPod gets all my emails and any replies appear on my Mac, and I never have to remember to update my contacts on both systems. The idisk is also useful and the offline backup is just another safeguard for my important files.
LetsMac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: mobile me Reply with quote

ghdavies wrote:
Mobile Me doesn't work with Exchange. You have to use your .me email for it, so I now forward all my business emails to my me.com account which to be honest is a pain and I'm not happy about. But the advantages make up for the disadvantages, when I'm in a customers office my iPod gets all my emails and any replies appear on my Mac, and I never have to remember to update my contacts on both systems. The idisk is also useful and the offline backup is just another safeguard for my important files.

sounds good ghdavies. Now can I ask where I can get the idisk? It's a flash disk type of thing or?

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iCloud All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: