123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Connect to Wireless Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleepy_Sentry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Can't Connect to Wireless Network Reply with quote

I have had no problems connecting my Leopard iMac to my school's wireless network using the integrated Airport card. Now, I am all of a sudden unable to connect to it. The network will show up on the menu that appears when you click the Airport icon, and when I click on the network it will connect to it, but it won't get Internet. Upon going into Windows via Boot Camp, the same thing happens. Windows will find the network and let me connect, but then I will get an error telling me the network has limited or no connectivity.

The funny thing is, the network works fine on my Windows laptop and every other Mac in the building, plus I am getting great signal. I'm a recent Mac convert of one month, so networking on the Mac is new to me. What are some things I can do to resolve the issue?
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it matter if you simply turn the Airport on then off? I've run into some whacky issues and that sometimes fixes it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
feuervogel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: linksys routers and macs Reply with quote

It's not yer mac!
I suddenly had a problem with internet access on my bootcamp macbook pro with leopard when I changed routers. The XP pc's would hook up fine with full internet access. I had put in a Linksys router that a friend had no use for and it needed a firmware update to provide an ip address to the mac and a new samsung printer that were both set to recieve ip's automatically. The mac would get onto my network sometimes but no internet. It also kept asking me for a WEP encrypted network password when my network was not secured! I even tried manually setting ip addresses, it finally found the printer but the mac still wouldn't get to the internet. This is an issue with linksys routers that will cause you hours of aggravation. Check to see if your school's router has been changed to a linksys and then check it's firmware level. Mine was 1.01.1 or something- out of date. The newest firmware was released this spring and corrects "problems providing ip addresses to some units." Just go to the linksys support site and check the version of router you're using for the correct firmware zip file.
After the update and a reboot it found both the new printer and the macbook and stopped asking me for a WEP password.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: