123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any one else upset?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankdawsonjr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Any one else upset? Reply with quote

I was excited about the new iPhone g3 yesterday until At&t details started coming out! particularly the point that there will be no pick your plan(prepaid ) with the new g3 model. to me this is a slap in the face to all loyal At&T iphone prepaid customers. I would have got a new iphone, but not now. At&t wouldn't approve me for a postpay account because i had some credit problems after my wife got severely Ill and had alot of financial problems from it a few years ago! But ive been a loyal prepaid customer with my iPhone since last september and would have continued to be with the new iPhone! as im sure many more would have. Now if something happens to my beloved iPhone 1st gen i cant replace it with a new 3g model.

What does everyone else think? am i totally wrong?

Frank
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit issues stink, no doubt. Perhaps over a bit more time you can try to apply again for a post paid account and all will be well. Don't hold AT&T's credit policies against them, albeit it excludes some people that shouldn't. It protects AT&T and all their customers from paying much higher rates.

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
frankdawsonjr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong , i understand AT&T's credit policies and understand why they wouldn't give me a postpay account. That is my problem to work out. What has me upset is their policy to seemingly discard loyal prepaid customers for no apparent reason. if i can do prepaid on my 1st gen iphone, why cant we do prepaid on iphone 3g? I would be willing to incur the 10 more a month for the new data plan. It just seems like we have been left out in the cold, so to speak, when it comes to the new iphone 3g. and for no good reason it seems.

frank
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because the iphone 3g is cheaper...I would stop giving them my business if I felt as you do.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankdawsonjr wrote:
loyal prepaid customers

I have a hard time with this one.

I define loyalty as: The act of binding yourself. It typically involves some form of commitment.

To me, pay as you go is the opposite.
Are we talking about the same thing?
frankdawsonjr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, i usually don't go of on a soap box like this, so i'll just back off gracfully. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I love my iphone and have no problems with at&t current iphone service.

Thanks

Frank
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankdawsonjr wrote:
Sorry guys, i usually don't go of on a soap box like this, so i'll just back off gracfully. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I love my iphone and have no problems with at&t current iphone service.

Thanks

Frank

That's cool Frank. You're entitled to and we respect your opinion. Variances in opinion make for interesting discussion.

There are numerous posts throughout the internet of people wanting the iPhone offered as a pay as you go, or no contract option. Because the iPhone is such a cool product this will be the phone that really stirs the pot.

Traditionally (at least here) pay as you go phones are practically disposable. I picked one up for $70. It came with $50 worth of airtime. So it's basically a $20 throw away phone.

Not all phones here are offered as pay as you go. The premium phones almost never are. Premium phones are typically ridiculously priced unless you sign a 2+ year contract.

There are many respectable pay as you go customers who regularly top up their balances. This is where you seem to fit in. I agree this is a neglected market. It's like they are always poking you with a stick to try to get you to sign a contract. It's only at this point where these companies will do anything for you. After that you're worthless again unless you sign another contract.

It will be interesting to see how the iPhone challenges the market. Traditionally Apple is a company the tends to not poke people with a stick. They are more noted for holding up a carrot.
frankdawsonjr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
frankdawsonjr wrote:

Thanks

Frank

That's cool Frank. You're entitled to and we respect your opinion. Variances in opinion make for interesting discussion.

There are numerous posts throughout the internet of people wanting the iPhone offered as a pay as you go, or no contract option. Because the iPhone is such a cool product this will be the phone that really stirs the pot.

Traditionally (at least here) pay as you go phones are practically disposable. I picked one up for $70. It came with $50 worth of airtime. So it's basically a $20 throw away phone.

Not all phones here are offered as pay as you go. The premium phones almost never are. Premium phones are typically ridiculously priced unless you sign a 2+ year contract.

There are many respectable pay as you go customers who regularly top up their balances. This is where you seem to fit in. I agree this is a neglected market. It's like they are always poking you with a stick to try to get you to sign a contract. It's only at this point where these companies will do anything for you. After that you're worthless again unless you sign another contract.

It will be interesting to see how the iPhone challenges the market. Traditionally Apple is a company the tends to not poke people with a stick. They are more noted for holding up a carrot.

Thanks Bill, Im sure thats why they have taken the prepaid plan away, because they are now subsidizing the phone. Thats why its half the price. I would be glad to sign a contract with at&t. I think their service is fine. But like i stated in my first post, some unfortunate times a few years ago made that impossible, unless i wanted to plop down a grands worth of deposit money. Which i would dare to say most of us don't have that laying around. Maybe i will try to see if they would give me a contract now since my credit is much improved and i have been a loyal paying customer for a year now. we will see, like i said , if not i will just keep my fine beloved iPhone i have now .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: