123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winner of The Apprentice (UK)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win the Apprentice?
Lucinda Ledgerwood
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lee McQueen
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Helene Speight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alex Wotherspoon
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Claire Young
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Winner of The Apprentice (UK)? Reply with quote

Who do you think will become Alan Sugar's new apprentice and why? Who do you feel sure will not win?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/
Jensonb

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a horrible feeling it'll be Lee or Claire. I want i to be Lucinda. My first choice got fired over Michael - seriously, RAEF got fired and Michael didn't that week? WTF is up with Sir Alan?
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its between Claire or Alex, but I'll go with Claire

I think Lucinda has some good qualities but overall she's not strong enough. Lee's a bit of a dark horse for me, he's been impressive at times but something about him puts me off. Helene is lucky to still be there she's no chance, should have gone weeks ago. Alex is a strong candidate and his car sales last week really got noticed by Sir Alan. Claire is a lot like Ruth Badger and I think Sir Alan missed out when she only became his runner up.

I can't wait for this weeks interview sessions, its usually one of the better episodes of the series.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Alex to win. I predicted very early on in the series that Alex would definitely be in the last 4 and probably in the last 2. We shall have to see.

I thought that after her calm and well-organised performances as project manager, Lucinda would be in the final as well. But recently she's been falling apart and feeling sorry for herself, and I don't think that wins many points with Alan Sugar.

I think Claire and Helene have been too mouthy in the past to make it into the final two. Michael was a weasel who should have gone weeks ago.

So my money's on Alex to be in the final with Lee. Lee came across as a rough-and-ready London lad, but his Marrakech performance was pretty good, and his supercar rental result was spectacular.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Lee won it, as I said he's my dark horse. He took a gamble with the Zonda and luckily Alex made the sales which backed it up. Sir Alan was definitely impressed with their figures. Wether that benefits Alex or Lee I'm not sure about.

Lee's handling of Lucinda in the car task wasn't good though. I also still have issues with his bullying of the young Indian girl Sara, after they all got back to the house after one of the board room sessions. She hadn't even been on his team so he didn't have a clue what she had done or not done. It was just what he'd heard from the others. Bang out of order in my book and I went off him a bit after that.

JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Lee's handling of Lucinda in the car task wasn't good though. I also still have issues with his bullying of the young Indian girl Sara, after they all got back to the house after one of the board room sessions. She hadn't even been on his team so he didn't have a clue what she had done or not done. It was just what he'd heard from the others. Bang out of order in my book and I went off him a bit after that.

Fair points there, Cypher. Can't argue with that at all.
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jensonb wrote:
WTF is up with Sir Alan?

I don't watch the apprentice purely because Alan Sugar was the crapest chairman a football club could ever have, he was a drain on spurs.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jensonb wrote:
RAEF got fired, WTF is up with Sir Alan?

I was surprised Raef went I thought he was one of the favourites but he was terrible that week and definitely deserved the boot.

JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I was surprised that Raef lasted that long! Laughing His posh accent and big words stopped impressing me in the second week; he convinced the team that they should serve Italian cuisine in the pub instead of English, despite the fact that none of them knew how to choose, cost or prepare the ingredients for an Italian menu. They could have had an easy win if they'd stuck to what they knew - instead they lost.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was a prat right from the beginning, but he did grow on me. Maybe it was just by then that others annoyed me more Laughing

devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Apprentice still popular over there? I mean like in the ratings. I could be wrong, but I don't think it does that well over here anymore.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I thought he was a prat right from the beginning, but he did grow on me. Maybe it was just by then that others annoyed me more Laughing

Well, I was trying to be diplomatic Smile - but if you put it like that then, yeah, the "suit you sir" haircut was a giveaway right from the start. Mind you, there seemed to be 3 prats - Nicholas, the young posh barrister who was fired in week 1, Raef and Michael. Kevin seemed to gravitate toward that group as well.

By contrast ex-army Simon, Lee and Alex seemed much more down-to-earth and switched on.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Is the Apprentice still popular over there? I mean like in the ratings. I could be wrong, but I don't think it does that well over here anymore.

We used to get the US Apprentice, but then it just stopped. I think that Martha Stewart was supposed to take over from Donald Trump, but that was never broadcast over here.

The UK version is currently on its 4th year and is still hugely popular. Even for those people who aren't interested in business, Alan Sugar's abrasive manner with the idiots in the line-up is still a crowd-puller.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Lucinda's been chucked out. The final was supposed to have two contestants, but it's got 4. Confused It's probably hard for Alan Sugar to decide when all the finalists are so mediocre.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought that Alex and Lee would be in the final and Alex would win. But it was Lee who got the prize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: