123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be posting a pick of my new dano when I get it.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
I just ordered the Red Burst from Music123, they had a BTS sale and I got $30 more off with free ground shipping. Will post my pic when I get it.

How did I miss that one? I wonder if Musician's Friend will price match? Anyways, it's one hell of a guitar for $219. I think you're going to be very happy.

Last edited by devo on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check with them. Go to Music123 and add it to your cart to show the final price with the BTS special. It'll show $30 off. I ordered it Monday early. I'll have it when I get back to NY on Thursday. I'm having it delivered to my in-laws since I didn't know when it would be delivered and I won't be back from Ohio until late Thursday early Friday. Will be working on my space upstairs, going to move all my computers up there along with my guitars and amps.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
I would check with them.

I did. They said they wouldn't match that promo since it's not an "advertised price". Mad

However, they gave me a small in-house credit since I had troubles with the first one. Guess I could return it, but it's only $30 and the guitar is in really nice shape.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, I would do the same, devo. Mine will be delivered later today, I'll pick it up tomorrow as I won't be back in NY until late today.

If they gave you a credit, that isn't bad. You can always use it towards something else.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the Dano '63 today. I've taken over the upstairs, it used to be my daughter's room until she moved into the room on the first floor. I'll be moving all my stuff up there shortly and my wife will be using the basement as her office. I moved the guitars and my laptop accessories already.

I'll move the mini soon.

AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
I picked up the Dano '63 today.

Looks great! I would assume that it came in good shape (like the vinyl strip?). How do you like it otherwise? I can't put mine down. It's a sweet sounding little guitar.

Hey, you guys might be interested in these videos. I saw a blurb about them on Apple's start page and watched them last night. Good stuff!
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks and sounds great. They could have done a bit better on the vinyl strip but I can deal. It's a little yellowish, but it adds to the vintage feel of the guitar. I moved everything upstairs which will be my office/music room.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned my first guitar in another thread yesterday. Here are the pictures.

The branding on the headstock is vintage 1980's MIK. Laughing

I haven't played it in years, but it's a decent little guitar. I might clean it up and put new pickups on it one of these days. The neck, nut and headstock are in really nice shape.
helicoil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Epi devo.

I dug out my tele a few weeks ago and started getting back into it, I bought it new in 89 and it's pretty much been in the case since. I had a couple of guitars but only kept the tele (usa model an' all that).

My amp had packed up and I picked up one of those Vox Amplugs(ac30 model)- Whoah! Amp tech certainly has moved on in 20 years Wink
Having said that I may treat meself to a Vox AD30VT -love that valve sound Very Happy
Orange Micro Terror
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool that you are getting back into playing. I'm kinda getting back into it myself. I took a break for a few years. I also picked up Logic Express a few weeks ago to spark the recording side of things. It's been fun learning my way around the app.

helicoil wrote:
Having said that I may treat meself to a Vox AD30VT -love that valve sound Very Happy

That's a nice little tube amp man. I would probably go with one over the Blues Junior in a hearbeat, and this is coming from a Fender guy. I love my Hot Rod Deluxe to death. It's so warm and bright. I wouldn't want to lug it around though.

Quote:
usa model an' all that

I think the recent models are all that and a bag of chips. Look at my first picture in the thread. Wink Laughing

Is your Tele a MIM or MIJ?
helicoil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

I think the recent models are all that and a bag of chips. Look at my first picture in the thread. Wink Laughing

Is your Tele a MIM or MIJ?

My tele is an American (serial E806XXX), and sunburst like yours but with a maple neck -I'll stick a pic up later when I get home Wink
I had a quick blast on a friends "Jimmie Vaughan" Strat MIM which was sweeet! a great sound with the rewired tone pot or "grease bucket" circuit.
Apparently it's the only MIM Artist series and given the price it seems to be a bit of a bargain.
So many toys -so little money Wink
Orange Micro Terror
Krametash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Epiphone, Devo! Smile

Surprised you took a break, I was under the impression that you played a lot. I guess you don't have a band then?

Sorry if I seem a little mean, I just love music, I'm not sure how anyone could stop Smile

Kramer Smile
20" Samsung Widescreen display
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicoil wrote:
My tele is an American (serial E806XXX), and sunburst like yours but with a maple neck -I'll stick a pic up later when I get home Wink

Yeah, post it up!

helicoil wrote:
I had a quick blast on a friends "Jimmie Vaughan" Strat MIM which was sweeet! a great sound with the rewired tone pot or "grease bucket" circuit.
Apparently it's the only MIM Artist series and given the price it seems to be a bit of a bargain.

The Deluxe and Artist series MIM guitars are great values. I think they're even nicer than the Highway One series, which are basically in the same price range. I bought my nephew a Highway One Tele and returned it for a Nashville Tele MIM this summer. It's a really nice guitar with three pickups (Tex-Mex Tele-Strat-Tele) and the 5-way "Strat-o-Tone" switch. The things also cost me two less bills, but who's counting? Laughing

Krametash wrote:
Surprised you took a break, I was under the impression that you played a lot. I guess you don't have a band then?

Well, I switched jobs a few years ago and got busy with building RC planes in my spare time.

My band playing days are well behind me now, but I'm back playing for myself. I'm also teaching my 17-year-old nephew how to play and record, so that's going to be rewarding as well. Who knows, maybe he'll become famous one day and take me out on the road.
Krametash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Krametash wrote:

Well, I switched jobs a few years ago and got busy with building RC planes in my spare time.

My band playing days are well behind me now, but I'm back playing for myself. I'm also teaching my 17-year-old nephew how to play and record, so that's going to be rewarding as well. Who knows, maybe he'll become famous one day and take me out on the road.

Ahhhh, teaching's good stuff, and quite rewarding, I've just started teaching drums, it makes you feel good when you see the progress they make Smile
20" Samsung Widescreen display
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: