123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems upgrading Tiger - new mac switcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzerboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Problems upgrading Tiger - new mac switcher Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just got my Mac Mini today and so far I am pretty impressed (still have to get used to MacOS X and the keyboard, and everything Smile.

I tried to update Tiger using the Software Updates and, on 3 downloads (namely the 10.4.2 update, the Pages update and the iPhoto update) it gives me an error regarind the digital signature of these packages (that it is incorrect).

First I hought it might be a problem with the download and I tried again, but the same thing happened.

So what exactly might be the problem here and what is the soulution? Should I download the updates manually?

And another thing, when the update wizard is looking for updates, it goes well until about 80% of the search, then it stalls for quite a while. The network shows no activity, but if I let it for about 10-15 minutes, then it shows me the updates. What might be the problem here (the internet connection is fine, I can browse web pages and download other programs from the net).

Thanks in advance!
homerjatmoes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems upgrading Tiger - new mac switcher Reply with quote

Panzerboy wrote:
Hi all,

I just got my Mac Mini today and so far I am pretty impressed (still have to get used to MacOS X and the keyboard, and everything Smile.

I tried to update Tiger using the Software Updates and, on 3 downloads (namely the 10.4.2 update, the Pages update and the iPhoto update) it gives me an error regarind the digital signature of these packages (that it is incorrect).

First I hought it might be a problem with the download and I tried again, but the same thing happened.

So what exactly might be the problem here and what is the soulution? Should I download the updates manually?

And another thing, when the update wizard is looking for updates, it goes well until about 80% of the search, then it stalls for quite a while. The network shows no activity, but if I let it for about 10-15 minutes, then it shows me the updates. What might be the problem here (the internet connection is fine, I can browse web pages and download other programs from the net).

Thanks in advance!

I would download the Tiger update manually and then re-try the other updates.
80GB HDD
External DVD burner
45.23 Xbench 1.2 average
FireWire Boot Guide
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Panzerboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did as you suggested and I've downloaded the 10.4.2 update manually. Then it failed at the checksum verification but I've just skipped the verification and it got installed.

Now I am downloading the other updates. So let's see if they get installed this time.
homerjatmoes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzerboy wrote:
Well, I did as you suggested and I've downloaded the 10.4.2 update manually. Then it failed at the checksum verification but I've just skipped the verification and it got installed.

Now I am downloading the other updates. So let's see if they get installed this time.

In this months issue of Mac World it said that upgrade problems could be the result of incompatible third party RAM, did you upgrade your RAM?
80GB HDD
External DVD burner
45.23 Xbench 1.2 average
FireWire Boot Guide
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Panzerboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't upgrade the RAM. Anyway, I've had to re-download and re-install the 10.4.2 because after skipping the checksum validation, thus installing a broken update, several applications started to crash.

But now after re-installing a correct downloaded 10.4.2 update, all the other updates installed just fine and everything is ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: