123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which iPod?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:
I have the iPod touch and my wife was so impressed, she bought one to replace her Palm. It does everything that a Palm did and much more. If you need something to replace a Palm, the iPod Touch will suit your needs and more.

Thank you Bobaloo, I hadn't thought of the Touch as a PDA. If OmniGroup would just write a version of OmniOutliner for the iPhone/Touch, I would be over to the Apple store like a shot... Cool

No problem, JohnnyBoy, I'm sure there will be a lot of new stuff available for the iPod touch. I never thought of it as a PDA, but my wife saw all that my Touch could do, she had to have one for herself. Of course having her Palm die kind of made her want the iPod Touch that much faster.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
will94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iTouch is the best iPod ever... by far. I can watch videos (btw touch comes in 16GB and 32GB for all u music lovers) and look at photos. I love it when I can just surf the net while im laying in bed, or whatever, although the 802.11b wifi is a bit slow. otherwise it's great!
Salesman: Hi, welcome to Microsoft Windows [punches customer]
supasnail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will94 wrote:
The iTouch is the best iPod ever... by far. I can watch videos (btw touch comes in 16GB and 32GB for all u music lovers) and look at photos. I love it when I can just surf the net while im laying in bed, or whatever, although the 802.11b wifi is a bit slow. otherwise it's great!

I thought it had 802.11g as well - is there a reason you can only use b? I'm just about to buy the 16GB Touch and this might break the deal.
nmbob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple sez it has b/g. Mine is REAL fast...at work where I have a perfect connection. Out in the wild it varies.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, 802.11b or g should be more than fast enough to keep up with the vast majority's internet connection speeds. Where you really see issues with b over g (or n) is with file transfers inside your LAN.
supasnail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmbob wrote:
Mine is REAL fast...
That's a relief! I get panicky when I'm about to part with money lol.
will94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's definitely b, the g wireless on my laptop is much faster. It says on my belkin router software that it is b whenever it is connected
Salesman: Hi, welcome to Microsoft Windows [punches customer]
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been quickly going through money recently, so today I bought a cheap MP3 player with tiny track readout - but took it back to the store less than 2 hours later. The whole sorry affair is detailed in another thread. So I'm moving back towards the original plan of getting the refurb'd 2nd gen Nano rather than the 3rd gen to save money.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the question was 'Which iPod?' and now I've made up my mind. I've just bought this little number... Smile
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iPod Nano arrived in the post this morning.

The eBay ad contained the words "has a couple of small scratches to the body" and I'd like to translate those words into a language called 'truth'...

"Has 6 or 7 chips in the paint where it looks as though someone has prodded it with a sharp object. Has had a good scrape along the top and bottom edges, plus a small gouged chunk on the bottom back edge. Although the paint hasn't been broken, the rear of the iPod has been dented. Small scratches visible on screen."

The description of the USB charger/connector lead was "in perfect working order" - although the seller forgot to mention the words "dirty" and "grubby".

Next time, I'll buy a refurb. Mad
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
My iPod Nano arrived in the post this morning.

The eBay ad contained the words "has a couple of small scratches to the body" and I'd like to translate those words into a language called 'truth'...

"Has 6 or 7 chips in the paint where it looks as though someone has prodded it with a sharp object. Has had a good scrape along the top and bottom edges, plus a small gouged chunk on the bottom back edge. Although the paint hasn't been broken, the rear of the iPod has been dented. Small scratches visible on screen."

The description of the USB charger/connector lead was "in perfect working order" - although the seller forgot to mention the words "dirty" and "grubby".

Next time, I'll buy a refurb. Mad

Thats pretty unlucky, did you contact the seller and give him some stick?
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
Thats pretty unlucky, did you contact the seller and give him some stick?

I contacted him to confirm that the iPod had reached me using the fewest words possible: "Nano arrived yesterday". Other than that, I took out my frustrations on his detailed feedback ratings - 2 out of 5 for accuracy of item description.

I'm upset because I'm an honest person and I look after my possessions. I mean really, how much effort does it take to keep an iPod in good condition? I get frustrated with people who treat their possessions like crap and then bend the truth to cover it up because I wouldn't do that, I just wouldn't get myself into that position.

I thought about putting it back on eBay, but I'll probably settle down once my bad mood blows over... Wink Smile
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:

I contacted him to confirm that the iPod had reached me using the fewest words possible: "Nano arrived yesterday". Other than that, I took out my frustrations on his detailed feedback ratings - 2 out of 5 for accuracy of item description.

I'm upset because I'm an honest person and I look after my possessions. I mean really, how much effort does it take to keep an iPod in good condition? I get frustrated with people who treat their possessions like crap and then bend the truth to cover it up because I wouldn't do that, I just wouldn't get myself into that position.

I thought about putting it back on eBay, but I'll probably settle down once my bad mood blows over... Wink Smile

I think you did pretty well to show that much restraint. I can understand some people don't take care of the there stuff very well but not describing any defects properly is just stupid. When I sold my 5G iPod it was nearly perfect as it had been in a case its entire life but I described even the faintest scratches as I know how annoyed I would be if there were some unexpected surprises.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
I think you did pretty well to show that much restraint. I can understand some people don't take care of the there stuff very well but not describing any defects properly is just stupid. When I sold my 5G iPod it was nearly perfect as it had been in a case its entire life but I described even the faintest scratches as I know how annoyed I would be if there were some unexpected surprises.

Next time Tru, I'll buy my stuff from you! Smile
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you let him off on the feedback Johnny Shocked

I would have been much harsher and would have mentioned the deceitful description in the feedback note rather than just in the rating.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: