123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plasq Releases Comic Life Magiq 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Plasq Releases Comic Life Magiq 1.0 Reply with quote

Plasq Releases Comic Life Magiq 1.0
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Plasq today announced the release of Comic Life Magiq 1.0 for Mac OS X. According to the company, this entirely new photo-comic desktop publishing software empowers users of all ages and skill levels with simple-to-use but eye-catching creative options typically found in professional products. It was built from the ground up to leverage the power of Mac OS X 10.5 core technologies, like Core Image and Core Animation resulting in photo-comics with unique visual effects and elegant layout.

Read more...

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/947.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic Life came with my mini. Does anyone know if that entitles me to the upgrade price?

Edit: Nevermind. It looks like you can get the upgrade price. Smile
Zuma

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fun little application with a lot of tools. I might buy it.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it with my mini application sucked.

Looked online this is just another excuse to purchase worthless software it was great when it was free but to charge people for this is just wrong.
not enough features and no you are not entitled to the upgrade price if it came on your mini sucks if you ask me i looked and the only thing they changed was it is no longer free with the computer you now have to pay for it lame i will just keep using my free version that came with my mac.
Zuma

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Got it with my mini application sucked.

Comic Life Magiq is different than Comic Life. They are two separate applications with different features.
plasqKeith

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: A few corrections Reply with quote

Hi macmanmacman,

Sorry to hear you didn't like Comic Life -- Just a few corrections for other readers.

Comic Life and Comic Life Magiq are two different applications. Neither were ever 'free' but Comic Life *was* bundled with Apple machines for some time.

As WheelSpinners said, even if you got Comic Life "free" on your Mac then we're still more than happy to offer you the crossgrade pricing deal:
http://plasq.com/comic-life-magiq/crossgrade

Comic Life Magiq is all new, and in fact is so much built using the latest tech that it requires Mac OS 10.5 "Leopard". If you want to make a comparison to the original Comic Life, then perhaps watch the online guided tour or just download the 30 day demo of Comic Life Magiq -- which won't affect your installation of Comic Life if you have it.

http://plasq.com/comic-life-magiq

Apologies for sounding a bit like an ad -- just wanted to make a few things clear for readers here because this is a bit more complex than a simple '2.0' - it's a whole 'nuther app Smile

Keith
plasq
Grover Time

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite application from plasq is Skitch. I use it so many times a day. It's just awesome!
plasqKeith

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Grover Time!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried Comic Life, but I use Skitch every day.

Its one of the must have apps on the Mac OS for me. I guess if pushed Grab etc could fill the gap, but skitch just makes it so much easier and fun to do. It’s a brilliant application.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: