123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review: 20- and 24-Inch Aluminum iMacs (2008 Edition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn
News Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Review: 20- and 24-Inch Aluminum iMacs (2008 Edition) Reply with quote

Review: 20- and 24-Inch Aluminum iMacs (2008 Edition)
Approved by: Glenn
Category: iMac

Macworld - "Finally, eight months after the aluminum iMac made its debut, Apple has released an update to its flagship consumer desktop model. Under the hood, the new iMacs differ significantly from the original aluminum iMac, and those differences result in speed increases."

Read more...

* We are in the process of changing the "More News" forum, so this topic might seem out of place.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read that review, I don't think the iMac has improved all that much in performance from the original 2.16 ghz C2D white model I have. Taking into account the quality of old and new 20" monitor, one might argue that the old ones are better.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only are the new 20" displays inferior, they're also glossy. I don't think Apple realizes how much of a hang up that is for some people. The rest is simply awesome. I really like the new aluminum styling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: