123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to adapt USB male to minijack audio male. HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpc33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Trying to adapt USB male to minijack audio male. HELP! Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I was given a Griffin RocketFM transmitter as a gift.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/rocketfm/techspecs.php

But what I really wanna do is transmit all my stereo amplifier's sound, be it from my mac mini, dvd, vhs, etc.

I could buy another transmitter that has a 1/8" stereo jack on it, like this one -> http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BEST-LineX-Wireless-FM-Transmitter-150-Feet-Range_W0QQitemZ5805625309QQcategoryZ73836QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
but I wanna use the rocketfm I have.

The only way I can think of is to convert the RocketFM's USB type-A male input to either 1/4" or 1/8" male jacks, or stereo RCA.

Does anybody have any bright ideas that would help me, please?
Every store I ask for a usb-to-minijack adapter looks at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my nose.

Maybe I could assemble my own adapter? or somehow buy one? Or do something totally different??

Thanks in advance!
Embarassed

PS: I wanna try and stay away from gadgets like the i Mic because they cost as much as a new transmitter would[/code][/url]
spoonman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, So if I am understanding this correctly..... This device ONLY has a USB plug on it to plug into your computer and it get the audio from the computer digitally through the USB port??? If the answer is yet, then I would say there is no way to connect this to any of your other audio devices. It probably looks like a sound card to the OS and it allows you to choose it as an ouput in you control panels, which means, it doesn't actually have any type of audio input like most FM transmitters do.

Of course, I do not have one of these devices, so I could be wrong.... but if that is how it works... I am at least on the correct line of thought.... Very Happy
Combo optical drive
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth
External 16X DVD+R,-R (Sony DRU-810A) in an ADS FW enclosure
NewerTech MiniStack w/ Seagate 7200.8 250GB HD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: