123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleekj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Tech Question Reply with quote

Hi all

I picked up a Mini about a day ago, so far its pretty neet! I managed to get several SMB shares and a Samsung ML-1740 installed of a Windows 2003 server but..........I cannot copy/move/delete/crate any thing on the SMB shares. The account I used to connect is an admin account on the 2003 server and has full control NTFS permissions..........

Any I deas?

The actual error mssage is "The operation could not be completed beacuse you do not have enough access privileges"

Thank You

I am sure I will have lots more

Wink
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In System Preferences > Sharing > Do you have Windows Sharing checked? You also have to Enable Accounts, pick the User and enter the account password.
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
cleekj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

I figured it out. On the Windows side I had to add the account the share permissions as well as the NTFS permissions.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: