123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap wrote:
I'll tell you what's sad. Apple makes three desktop computers and two keyboards. They can't get the startup keys to work right with one or two of the computers? I think that describes Apple in a nutshell. It's also why some people are starting to feel this way. Of course you need to switch the sexes out. Laughing

And you are? A Micro$ofty? Bill Gates an ugly NICE guy? There's a lot to complain about Apple (and Steve Jobs), but there are tons to say about the Microsoft corporation. Meanwhile OSX is still the friendliest system to work with on a computer hands down. And I had Windows 3.1 ~ XP-Pro, 25 Linux distro's and since 2006 OSX, I know what I'm talking about.
Snap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
And you are? A Micro$ofty?

Just an average guy.

Not really. I'm just starting to grow tired of Apple's attitude and hardware. I always looked at Microsoft as the evil empire and being totally controlling. Now after being a Mac user for a few years, I think it might be Apple that is more controlling and vindictive towards its users. An example. Not properly testing hardware for all systems because it doesn't have an "i" in front of it. Or because it's not for the most expensive system. I'm happy they did a great job with Leopard. Because without it, I might be gone.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case take an general PC or laptop and find a hacked Leopard or just start off with Linux. But I tell you in advance, with the freedom also comes the disappointment...
Snap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
In that case take an general PC or laptop and find a hacked Leopard or just start off with Linux. But I tell you in advance, with the freedom also comes the disappointment...

Yeah... I'm not really that interested in messing around with a Hackintosh. Linux on the other hand, is starting to become more and more alluring. I'm not going anywhere though. I just wish Apple would go back to acting like they did a few years ago. They seemed more interested in doing right by their users at that time.
Dace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean you can't startup with keyboard??

I have a wireless aluminum kb and I can start up with it...choose boot drive or switch into safe mode. So far I haven't had any problems with my kb. Its great; smaller and lighter than the old one.
phaedrus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap wrote:
Linux on the other hand, is starting to become more and more alluring.

From my small amount of experience with my Mac Mini, the thing I like best about it is that it feels like X/Linux done properly. Currently, the limitation of the hardware is ok, because it is one of the things that underpins the stability of the OS - I couldn't imagine my experience being anywhere as good if I had to deal with a lot of drivers ala Windows, or just plain hardware support under Linux (the difficulty I had in getting my ATI graphics card to output to two monitors was particularly annoying).

Of course, my opinions could easily change over time... but at the moment I'm stoked on my Mac Mini and Mac OS X because it appears as reliable as Linux and more enjoyable to use than Windows.

Back on topic... my wireless keyboard and mouse is a huge step up from my old setup, and the fact that firmware upgrades can be slipstreamed into standard software updates is a positive to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: