123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need mouse advice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minimonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Need mouse advice Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with the Logitech MX Revolution cordless laser mouse? I'm looking for something more comfortable than the Mighty Mouse. It doesn't have to be cordless either....just comfortable and with a few buttons (not too many).
Thanks!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people have recommended the MX Revolution.

I wasn't after a wireless mouse and so bought the MX400 its good but the scroll wheel on the Revolution is supposed to be amazing to use. I much prefer the MX400 to the mighty mouse but I really wish I had stepped up to the Revolution straight off.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G - iPad Air 2 64GB
8TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 11TB Drobo S
minimonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Lots of people have recommended the MX Revolution.

I wasn't after a wireless mouse and so bought the MX400 its good but the scroll wheel on the Revolution is supposed to be amazing to use. I much prefer the MX400 to the mighty mouse but I really wish I had stepped up to the Revolution straight off.

Thanks for your reply.

It's funny you mention the MX400 because I've been looking at it but don't know if I want to spend twice the money. What do/don't you like about the MX400? Does it have a native USB connector or does it have one of those stupid PS2-to-USB adaptors?
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its USB.

My only niggle is that I find the scroll wheel is a little slow although you can play with the settings and adjust the speed and acceleration to sort it out. The Revolution has the flywheel, so you spin it and it keeps scrolling. The MX400 doesn't have that feature so you have to keep manually scrolling. Other than that its fine.

I have set the two thumb buttons up to be Scroll Up and Scroll Down (they call it cruise) so if I'm moving down a long document I just use the buttons instead of scrolling.

Its been a big improvement over the Mighty mouse as its still working after a couple of months. Razz The scroll balls on the mighty mouse whilst I like them more than a scroll wheel just messed up too often and I was always cleaning them.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G - iPad Air 2 64GB
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The configuration is pretty good BTW

kez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the MX Revolution but I do have the VX Nano and it's a pretty solid mouse. I love it.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that user's here don't like microsoft products but for my mini i went out and purchased a microsoft wireless notebook mouse 4000. Due to the scrolling features and the microsoft software that allows the mouse to zoom which works great in photoshop.
minimonkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the MX400 should be more than enough mouse for me. Saves me some money too. Anything is more comfortable than the Mighty Mouse.
ronster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the MX revo...and I love it so far.

I've been using a MX700 with my PC for years and had great success with it, but the MX revo is more like Evolution...

Just getting comfortable with it...the scrollback side wheel is pretty cool...
ranger1021

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a MX620 a little while ago. Same wheel and laser tech as the Revolution, but can be gotten for under $40. Wireless but looks almost exactly like the MX400.
minimonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronster wrote:
I got the MX revo...and I love it so far.....Just getting comfortable with it...the scrollback side wheel is pretty cool...

It does seem to have some very nice features. But, I'm wondering if they are worth the extra dough. I guess a good mouse is like a good pair of running shoes. You get what you pay for. I don't know which one I'll get, but anything is better than Mighty Mouse. Grrrr.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the BT600 from RadTech for a while now. It's the best BT mouse that I've ever owned. I would give it a look if you want something with BT.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my mini, I use a Kensington Slimblade trackball mouse: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826125073

It's a great mouse, bluetooth. I like it because you have to option of using the scroll ball as a trackball and that is a plus. When I use my MacBook at the desk, I have the older Apple BT mouse, not the Mighty Mouse and I use a new Apple BT keyboard. I like it for it's size, with two keyboards on the desk.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
minimonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never could get used to trackballs. They reminded me of that 80s video arcade game with the huge white trackball that used to pinch my teenage fingers. What was the name of that game????
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minimonkey wrote:
I never could get used to trackballs. They reminded me of that 80s video arcade game with the huge white trackball that used to pinch my teenage fingers. What was the name of that game????

Centipede?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: