123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow syncing with Apple TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murphy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Slow syncing with Apple TV Reply with quote

I have a Mac mini and MacBook and the syncing speeds to my Apple TV are really slow. I even dumped my old Netgear 802.11g router and upgraded to the AirPort Extreme 802.11n base station. Unfortunately the speeds are just as slow. It literally takes me like 20 to 30 minutes to transfer a 1.8GB movie over from iTunes. The Mac mini is connected to the base station with Ethernet and using Gigabit. The MacBook is using 802.11n. Do you guys think the 4200rpm drive in the Apple TV is the bottleneck here? Or could there something be wrong with my Apple TV? Streaming to it works exceptionally well.

B Murphy
gibmini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure if it helps or not, but I had the same problem (on a 'g' network) from my 1.8Ghz mini to my apple tv. However, I found that not sending anything other to the atv was the best: just setting it to autosync meant that after an overnight transfer while itunes decided what it wanted it worked 100% fine with everything as long as I kept the mini switched on.

its not elegent, but I tell you what, its nice to be able to forget about the whole thing and just watch everything I add without having to think about synching it. The entire movies, podcoasts and music library in itunes is available from the atv all the time.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: