123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ijailbreak question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastershake301

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: ijailbreak question Reply with quote

You guys don't seem to talk about it a lot, but I've got a question concerning ijailbreak and firmware versions.

I've got a 1.1.4 non-jailbroken ipod touch, and am disappointed with the news of the SDK that is going to come out. I want to jailbreak with this method but not sure it will work.

Restore to 1.1.1 with iTunes
Use JailbreakMe.com to jailbreak it.
Use ijailbreakMobile to upgrade to 1.1.3 and install January AppPack which I have on my 1.1.4 already and don't want to pay for it again.

Can any of you confirm that this will work, or would I be better off at ipodtouchfans.com?
2Gb RAM
16Gb iPod touch
iSight
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far be it for me to speak on behalf of the entire community but, I think I can say with a fair amount of confidence that we are not opposed to "hacks" of any kind. That's pretty much the idea of running a Unix/Linux OS. You may not have gotten many response because there may not be many members who have attempted or successfully done what your asking. You are on a MacMini site. Not to say we don't post about other things but, if you know of a source for iPod Touch/iPhone/iPod specific hacks, by all means use that resource.

Just some random thoughts. . . . berate at will
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mastershake301

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a Macmini site, but I am in the iPod section of the forum. I already posted it to ipodtouchfans.com. But any advice is still welcome and appreciated.
2Gb RAM
16Gb iPod touch
iSight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: