123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iTunes Now Number Two Music Retailer in the US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: iTunes Now Number Two Music Retailer in the US Reply with quote

iTunes Now Number Two Music Retailer in the US
Tuesday, February 26, 2007
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced that iTunes is now the number two music retailer in the US, behind only Wal-Mart, based on the latest data from the NPD Group. The company also announced that there are now over 50 million iTunes Store customers. iTunes has sold over four billion songs, with 20 million songs sold on Christmas Day 2007 alone, and offers the world's largest music catalog of over six million songs from all of the major and thousands of independent labels, says Apple.

"We'd like to thank the over 50 million music lovers who have helped the iTunes Store reach this incredible milestone," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of iTunes. "We continue to add great new features like iTunes Movie Rentals to give our customers even more reason to love iTunes."

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/894.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like Mr. Negativity today after my Apple remote comment, but I'm still a buy and rip kind of guy. I've probably only purchased a hundred or so tracks from iTunes over the years. And most of those have been with gift cards that others have bought for me. I'd really like to see Apple start a music service like Rhapsody one of these days. Imagine how cool a service like that would be in Front Row or on your ATV! To me, this would be more exiting than buying individual tracks or albums.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in both a music and movie subscription service. Unlimited music and like half a dozen movies for $20 to $30 dollars a month would be awesome.
iLife's a Bitch!
Jevpop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i though file sharing was killing the music industry,with those sort of figures they dont seem to be doing to bad . Its nice to see that they are still making a little bit of money . Wink
Zuma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased very few tracks from iTunes. I would rather buy a CD and rip it any old day. If for any other reason, I'll have the actual CD for backup. Plus, CDs are still cool to have around and look at. You're talking to someone that misses having crates of albums around though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: