123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

palm os and os x tiger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbiraman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: palm os and os x tiger Reply with quote

. I'm new here and am a crossover or tryer and am waiting for my new mac mini. I'm a light user but do use my handspring visor prism allot and like to have the sync with the desktop. I'm hearing that there are difficulties syncing palm with tiger and so i want to prepare ahead of time. Any help would be appreciated I don't have the mini yet but have read lots of the forum stuff and am learning things already.

mbiraman
n2o2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncing my Sony Clie running PalmOS with my Mac Mini (over Bluetooth, WIFI and USB) is a breeze, both with iCal/Adress book and Entourage... I use Missing Sync because my organiser is not directly supported by iSync.
mbiraman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: palm os with tiger Reply with quote

hey thanks for the info but there are a couple of hitches. You need a minimum of palm o.s.4 for isync? to work and my prism has 3.5 and is not upgradable so for me the question more specifically is can tiger suport palm desktop and do the sync .
thankx again
mbiraman
n2o2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm affraid PalmOS 3.4 is not supported by iSync and Missing Sync. Time for a new organiser? Wink
mbiraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: palm os and tiger Reply with quote

Thankx n2o2;
So i'm a bit confused,,excuse me
Is your palm os on your clie seperate from your organizer,,is that why you need missin sync to sync, or does palm os need missing sync to sync with ical etc. I'm assuming whats good for the palm os on your clie will be the same for zire72 or t3.

mbiraman
chinarut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n2o2 wrote:
I'm affraid PalmOS 3.4 is not supported by iSync and Missing Sync. Time for a new organiser? Wink

heh...I was afraid of this answer...I bought my mini not realizing I'd lose the ability to still tinker with my classic Palm IIIxe Rolling Eyes

any possibility anyone has come up with a hack? Smile

Where did you get the list of PalmOS support? I only see PalmDesktop 4.0 listed here:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/isyncpalmconduit.html
mbiraman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: palm support Reply with quote

hey chinarut;
I spoke with palm tech department and they couldn't tell me if palm could sync with osx tiger, in fact their own data only gave information up to 10.3,,,,,there was someone earlier (n2o2) who said he sync'd his clie so i'm assuming that a newer palm will have no problems but older ones ????,,,i have the visor prism and can't upgrade the os soooooo i'm looking at either upgrading to a t3 or zire or not bothering syncing with my mini.
mbiraman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: