123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO IP or NETWORK on MAC MINI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mi5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: NO IP or NETWORK on MAC MINI Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone can help with my network connectivity problem. I have a cable modem into a dlink wireless router (di-614+) and normally (successfully) connect our eMac (wired), Compaq notebook (wireless) and of course Mac Mini 1.25ghz, 512mb, Airport & Bluetooth without fuss via the DHCP setup on the router...until the last few days.

Both the eMac and the Compaq continue to establish a wired/wireless connection and in turn get a DHCP assigned IP address, but although the Airport indicator shows a connection, because it is DHCP and it isn't being issued an IP, the automatic one is set at 169.x.y.z, thus not allowing any connection.

Anyone have any problems with the Airport/Bluetooth module inside? I haven't been inside the Mac Mini and it has basically sat on my desk since I bought it in July.

Also, everything really seems slow with a lot of beach balls!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>LG SuperMulti 16x DL DVD Burner (external) #GSA-5160D
aristobrat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long shot, but my roommates (wired) computer all-of-a-sudden stopped getting DHCP addresses from my router. None of the other computers in the house had a problem -- I could release and renew DHCP with no issues. Power-cycling the router fixed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: