123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Store Staff, Are Yours Good or Bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How useful are your local apple store staff?
Totally helpful!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Pretty good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only OK
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
It usually gets a bit awkward each visit...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Useless
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Dunno
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Drake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Apple Store Staff, Are Yours Good or Bad? Reply with quote

Hey how cool are the staff at the apple stores? I went to my local one that just opened up and talked to a guy for about half an hour about just stuff and about getting a 12" ibook soon. They were so helpful and just showed me how to play around with stuff in ilife.

Are they just as good at your stores, or does anybody have some really bad ones / bad stories?

www.opensourceresistance.net

www.123macbook.com
lumpydog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find my Apple store employees (North Shore Shopping Cener, MA) to be condescending. You get the feeling that they think they're god's gift to the computer world because they "Think Different" or work in the "Genius Bar" (PLEASE).

When I went in to purchase my Mac Mini (after waiting for one of the "Geniuses" to spend 15 minutes ringing up a purchase that should have taken 1/4 the amount of time) the sales rep tried to tell me that they didn't sell the Mac mini that I wanted to purchase (I had called ahead to confirm that they were in stock at this store). She actually argued with me about it. I explained the specs of the model to her 3 times, repeatedly told her the standard price.... and she continued to take her stance that they did not carry the Mac Mini I was describing. I told her to check on-line (since she was standing in front of Mac that had an internet connection). At that point she says "Sir - our on-line store allows you to configure the Mac the way you want it - not the way they're sold standard in our stores." At this point I start to get conddescending back at her - "Gee thanks I thought you guys had boxes of minis out back to match EVERY conceivable configuration." I'm so pissed at this point that I debate walking out, but I told my kids I was coming home with with a Mac Mini and did not want to dissapoint them.

I finally asked the Genius to go get the product sheet that sits in the plexi-card holders next to the Mac Mini display - you would have thought I'd asked her to give up her first child the way she stormed off. She returned red-faced to tell me I was correct - they did sell a mini for $599. She actually tries to make up some lame excuse why it was my fault she didn't realize they sold the Mac Mini I was looking for: "Oh - I thought you were looking for a super drive unit" - the guy behind me at this point chimes in and says "No, he clearly stated Combo Drive" - This poor guy is pissed because hes now been waiting over 25 minutes watching 2 people make a purchase.

I've been to this store before to purchase several iPods and it's always the same. The employees speak loudly and slowly and make sure you feel like an idiot.

Bite me Apple store employees!
Ranter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Dunno because I have never visited an Apple store.

Oddly enough the company I work for is headquartered in Cupertino CA, about a block from Apple.

But I usually work from home because I live 500 miles from the office. And home is in the middle of a desert.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't complain. I love going to the Apple Store even though the closest one is 40 miles away. You can't expect the sales people to be as knowledgeable as level 2 support. They are basically just people working in retail. They're a hell of a lot better than the sales people at Best Buy or Circuit City.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: