123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RevRed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we see a couple of hardware updates tomorrow. You know, like a Mac mini with x3100 video and 802.11n. It seems possible since they released this update on a Monday. Come on Apple! What are you wainting for? Isn't my money good enough?
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! Very Happy

It might just be from the restart, but Leopard definitely feels faster. Even a little more so after the graphics update. I'm also happy about getting the solid menubar back. I haven't noticed any major problems with 10.5.2 either. Repairing the disk permissions in Disk Utility still doesn't work like used in Tiger though. All in all, I'm a happy camper.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take back my earlier comment. After another restart, it has gone back to the same old, same old. Is anyone else here having trouble with other networked computers showing up under Shared on the Finder Sidebar? I have it checked in the Finder preferences and all. They just don't show up all the time. I'm at a loss here. Sad
byokm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Painfully slow reboot after 10.5.2 patch Reply with quote

The blue screen just stayed on for what seemed like forever, which kept my finger near the power button. But now that the updates are done (don't forget the Graphics update after you do 10.5.2), so far so good...
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated my mini with the Combo. Getting the Tiger options back on folders placed in my Dock is nice. Repair permissions doesn't show all those extraneous files anymore. Safari seems slightly faster, but there is still something slowing it down on my system, making FireFox a better choice. My AirPort signal seems more reliable than it has been recently, but it's too early to tell if that's fixed.
Maxime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seems to be able to start any applications since the update... what the ***
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Getting the Tiger options back on folders placed in my Dock is nice. Repair permissions doesn't show all those extraneous files anymore

I don't repair my disk permissions that often, but I still got a couple of ACL (Access Control List) ones this time around. But from what I've read in the past, they aren't anything to worry about.

Quote:
Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
ACL found but not expected on "Applications/Utilities".
ACL found but not expected on "Applications".
ACL found but not expected on "Library".

Permissions repair complete

I totally agree about the old hierarchical menus. It's nice having them back.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 10.5.2 broke VLC. Is anyone else here having trouble with it?
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:

Works fine here.
herbg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:

I just tried it with a couple 1080i clips and it seems to be working fine for me.

Herb
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! I'm not sure what the deal is then. I'll report back when I figure it out.

Edit: I got it working. I downloaded 0.8.6d again and ran the delete preferences script. I trashed the org.videolan.vlc.plist file earlier, but that didn't make a difference. Oh well, I'm happy that it's working again.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I take back my earlier comment. After another restart, it has gone back to the same old, same old. Is anyone else here having trouble with other networked computers showing up under Shared on the Finder Sidebar? I have it checked in the Finder preferences and all. They just don't show up all the time. I'm at a loss here. Sad

You are not alone Aquaman. I have had the same issue with "Shared" computers showing up correctly in Leopard since it first came out. I even tried creating another user account again tonight, but it does the same thing. It's pretty darn frustrating.
serpent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLC 0.8.6d is working fine for me. It seems the first you open certain programs it's taking a long time. word '08 took almost 2min the 1st time to open, 2nd time and after almost instant.
Only gripe I have right now is tho they added RAW support for the new D3 and D300, you can't view your images in Aperture.

Serpent
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RevRed wrote:
I hope we see a couple of hardware updates tomorrow. You know, like a Mac mini with x3100 video and 802.11n. It seems possible since they released this update on a Monday. Come on Apple! What are you wainting for? Isn't my money good enough?

Your dreams might come true. The Apple Store is down this morning. Wink

No problems with 10.5.2 here. I haven't noticed the performance gains some people are talking about, but it seems to be running well.
iLife's a Bitch!
Chris..S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
aquaman wrote:

You are not alone Aquaman. I have had the same issue with "Shared" computers showing up correctly in Leopard since it first came out. I even tried creating another user account again tonight, but it does the same thing. It's pretty darn frustrating.

I don't have an issue with shared computers showing up correctly, but I do have a problem with mounted network volumes appearing in the "Devices" section. I can get them to appear on the desktop by checking that option in Finder preferences. Then I can drag them to the devices section. I can't get them to appear automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: